W9r3 done! Officially a graduate! : I’m a few... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
108,006 members139,092 posts

W9r3 done! Officially a graduate!

Bluesky44
Bluesky44Graduate

I’m a few days late finally completing w9r3 due to a cold/cough but so pleased and proud of myself for completing the programme!! At the end of my run I gave a great loud ‘yeah!!’ - good job no one was around, although actually I was on such a high that I would have done it anyway and told anyone I could why! Also well chuffed that final distance was 4.8k so nearly there within 30 mins!

This programme is fantastic - I really don’t think I would have done this alone. I think drinking plenty of water, never skipping a week, realising it’s ok to repeat a run or have extra rest days and getting to know my route really well have been the big things I have learnt that have helped. As well as this forum which is so supportive!!

Thanks all, good luck on your running journeys!!

13 Replies
oldestnewest

A big fantastic congratulations to you I know how you feel go and celebrate 😉🏃🏻‍♂️🏁🎓🎓😀🏆🏅 you might what to try a parkrun totally free you just need to register online print barcode and take it with you and it’s all organised by the community and everyone is so friendly happy running 😉

Bluesky44
Bluesky44Graduate in reply to Kevtrev

Thanks! Have looked at my local parkrun and am definitely going to give that a go. Can’t believe that I know I can do it!! 👍

Kevtrev
Kevtrev in reply to Bluesky44

The program really does work doesn’t it I’m running Wednesday and Saturday a parkrun which looks like my weekly thing now after only going once and I’m doing race for life 14th July then maybe train for a 10K 😉😀🏆🏁🎓🏅👍

backintime
backintimeGraduate

Huge congrats ! It's amazing what a difference water makes, isn't it !

Bluesky44
Bluesky44Graduate in reply to backintime

So much of a difference! Still get heavy legs between 20-25 mins which then eases again but much better when I’ve had enough water!

BarbieW
BarbieWGraduate

Very well done Bluesky. Hope you feel proper grand! As you should.

Stephen_UK
Stephen_UKGraduate

Well done. That’s fantastic.

Well done you, hope to get there soon 😊😊

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Congratulations! While pace doesn’t matter, you were slightly faster than me on that run, I think my best was 4.75 on the plan! Celebrate your achievement well, enjoy consolidation and all your future running adventures

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

Massive congrats 🥇⭐️⭐️⭐️ Play that song loud and proud 😄

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Congratulations on completing c25k you must be so pleased well done 😊😊👏👏

Bluesky44
Bluesky44Graduate

Thank you all for your comments, now looking forward to consolidating as per excellent advice on this forum! And treating myself to a new pair of trainers! 🏃🏼‍♀️

Getfitok
GetfitokGraduate

Brilliant! Well done you 😇

You may also like...