WK7 R3: Wow !!!!!!! This is the first run/jog... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

121,016 members151,508 posts

WK7 R3

Jag1jacq profile image
Jag1jacqGraduate

Wow !!!!!!! This is the first run/jog that I've actually enjoyed. I've been dreading this run after mentally torturing myself following the previous two runs (I found them hard).

However, I've been looking at a topic known as 'slow jogging' (there are books on the subject and there is excellent footage on YouTube). Today I put some of the techniques into practice and wow....it worked for me. I smiled all around the 4.2Km course (squirrells must have thought I was nuts), I started and finished with the same cadence and felt as though I had plenty of fuel left in the tank to continue. But the biggest and best thing was that Id loved it; I'm still buzzing and can't wait to get out on Friday in the forecasted blustery showers.

Thanks to everyone in the C25K community your help and support is unbelievable.

All teh best

3 Replies

That sounds like a great success. I’m now going to jog off to YouTube to search slow jogging 😊

I did my w4r1 this morning - and put into practice the slow jogging method from the videos. It meant I got through even the longer sections easily and felt enthusiastic for the next runs 😊

Jag1jacq profile image
Jag1jacqGraduate in reply to ItstheMarchHare

That's brilliant...really pleased. The techniques used in slow jogging also reduces stress on the body thus, apparently, fewer injuries.

Good luck with R2 and the next few weeks until graduation 😊

You may also like...