Couch to 5K
79,420 members110,676 posts

Hello I'm Useit and I WAS a runner before life got in the way …..

For those who remember me, my 2018 has been a sorry tale. We moved house from Cambridgeshire to Wales in April to be near my aged parents. I suffer from MS, and the move plus the worsening parents took a toll on my health and made me very tired. Then the wonderful weather arrived, which meant it was just too much for me to run. Then the weather broke, then my mum, already suffering from dementia, (dad also) had a TIA and ended up in hospital, then we had to find a care home for mum and dad, and so it went on ….

Things are now starting to calm down a bit, and I'm just itching to get back out there again in my new completely beautiful location. It's super hilly, so it will be run/walk, which is fine.

Going to visit the parents tomorrow, but I WILL GET OUT FOR A RUN/WALK ON WEDNESDAY IF IT KILLS ME!!!

This is to put you lot on notice. If I don't post by Weds teatime to say I did it, will somebody nag me please? I've put on nearly a stone, feel like a flolloppy lump with no energy and no enthusiasm. This must change in less than no time!!!

I know all you good folk on here will help me, you always do x

27 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi useit, welcome back! Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will turn up to issue your reminder, but I wanted wish you good luck with your reboot!

Thanks!

Welcome back, UIOLI. Sorry to hear about your parents, but it sounds like you are in the right place, near them.

Looking forward to hearing about your run...

1 like

I may have picked the worst week weatherwise … but I'll get out there anyway, unless I'm in mortal danger with trees flying around etc!

1 like

Welcome back. We got you... but by the sounds of it you’ll be out there anyway.

Here's hoping ...

Hi there Use it! I'm in Llandudno, North Wales myself, waving vaguely in your direction. Sounds like you've had a tough time but it's good that you're back to running. I'm fairly new here, but people are lovely.

See you soon (or the nagging will commence lol)

1 like

Loads of us running the Welsh Ways...:)

They SO are! I knew I'd get support and encouragement here. We're up in the hills near Llangedwyn, Powys.

Hi Useitorloseit, we have you...sounds like a tough time for you since your move. But you are tough... 😊

Have a good first run on Wednesday...you can do it.😊xx

Psyching myself up ...

1 like

Welcome back.

Thanks!

Hi there 👋. Good to see you back 🙂👍🏃‍♀️

Thanks Miss W!

YES!!!!

Here you are! (Yes, I'm still here)

Welcome back and well done for getting here. What a journey!!

I am so, so glad that things have begun to settle.... and what a beautiful location to begin your recovery running:) ( I am off the the N Wales Coast again later today )

You know the mantra... slow and steady, ( that has not changed either)...relax and enjoy.

Lovely to have you back!

PS

I shall be watching for that post!x

1 like

Be careful in the storm! You might get blown away. I hope it's calmed down a bit by my outing tomorrow morning ...

1 like

Hi, I'm a crotchety old bloke who loves a nag, but I don't think you'll give me the chance.

If there are trees flying I'll let you off, otherwise think Victor Meldrew crossed with Hodges, the air raid warden, will be waiting 🤬🤬🤬

Weather and everything else permitting have a good one 😃😃😃

Thanks chum!

1 like

Welcome back Useit! Lovely to see you again. You have been through horrible times but running will bring you much needed head pace and solace for your sanity. It's also pretty good for your bum too 😉

I'll remember to nag you but I don't think I'll need to. Go girl........

1 like

Ah yes my bum... Which has been spreading nicely due to hours in the car and at hospital Bedside. It needs to reduce, and soon!

1 like

Reminder: tomorrow running 😎

OMG. Have you seen the weather forecast? 50+ mph wind and rain. Oh well, I said I'd do it....!

Don't tell me anything about the weather....until I started this program I wasn't looking at the weather forecasts. But now.... and I'm at w4 😉....I'm always watching the forecast because I don't want to go in the rain 🌧🌦 😉

I don't mind the rain, but wind AND rain... Euww...

Hi useitorloseit sorry to hear about your parents .. Welcome back indeed 😁😁

I am ready and waiting ready and primed to give you proverbial.kick if needed 😁😁

1 like

Ha ha I may need it...!

You may also like...