Couch to 5K
62,423 members โ€ข 95,238 posts

Snail pace ๐ŸŒ

Wk2 run2! Went nice and early to beat the heat. Completed the run which Iโ€™m really pleased about however my right ankle is playing up which Iโ€™ve never had before, painful on the joint but still good enough to get through,however itโ€™s not helping my pace Iโ€™m SO SLOW I think at one point a snail did pass me! Iโ€™m very unfit but I feel like Iโ€™m lightly jogging not running ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™‚๏ธ will speed come? Iโ€™m no where near 5k atm more like 3k.

11 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Go you....Snails rock..I was the Original Grey Snail...there loads of us on here and you will be totally amazed where you get too...

Keep on..just as you are ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 like

Haha thank you! Iโ€™m pleased Iโ€™m in the snail club ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐ŸŒ

As I tell everyone on here, I walk faster than I run! Snails rock! Just go at your own pace and you'll be OK ๐Ÿ‘Œgood luck and keep going ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 like

Speed is secondary to running 30 minutes. It may or may not come during the course, you can chase it later if you want to.

For now, thereโ€™s a lot in the snails club here and youโ€™re in very good company. Youโ€™re doing great, keep racing the snails!

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ

1 like

Slowly, slowly, calmly, without frenetics. Zen baby ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

I'm on wk 3 and I'm running to the motto of Slowly Slowly Catchee Monkey. Speed can come later if required but at the moment I'm happy with how I'm doing.

1 like

In week 2 it was about being able to keep moving till the next walk period! Keep going snails ๐ŸŒ reach their target ๐ŸŽฏ

1 like

Thank you, I really feel like Iโ€™m embracing my snails pace now ๐ŸŒ As long as Iโ€™m moving itโ€™s enough for me! Looking forward to my next run ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿป๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜

1 like

You may also like...