Couch to 5K
62,313 members95,072 posts

W5R1 Done - it’s in the bag!!

Hello runners!

Woke up this morning feeling more like a slug than a snail (Oldfloss) and thoughts of having a heavy run! But, I dug out my bright green (Kermit the Frog looking) running top out of a range of sports gear bought many years ago, to ensure my wardrobe has adequate padding. A bit like Sallenson’s high-jacked sports bra, they’ve rarely touched the body for very long, but it’s comforting to know it’s there should you ever need it. Right you are and out you go!!

Got my random music selection on (sorry no LedZeplin 😉 Lol) and I’m off, out on my run in the morning sun! Just me and Michael hitting the road. Nice! I soon realise that I’m not a frog or a slug, I’m a snail!! Yaaay! Loving it! Loved it even more when he said the first 5 minutes were up, (thinking already?, not bad Fabulous.....not bad!)

I’ve now seen so much of my neighbourood that I haven’t seen in the 17 years I’ve lived here. I’ve done it! The mystery of W5 is over (or is it?😏) and I feel as though I’ve got plenty of gas in the tank! That’s truly amazing!!

As a bit of serendipity the car that got me out on the road, instead of the gym, was just bought and towed away this morning! It took me on a totally new and unexpected adventure and I have said farewell with much gratitude, as it has given me the gift of determination and resilience!! I’m feeling like a runner!! Yaaaay! We’re all runners! Let’s do this! 🏃🏾‍♀️🏃‍♂️ ❤️❤️

30 Replies
oldestnewest

You're doing great! Well done for sticking with it 💪 Snails rock! 🐌

1 like

Thank you so much! 🤟🏽Yes they do!! Rock and run! Who knew?? 😂

1 like

Snail super powers! 💪🐌🌟

1 like

Well done Fabulous! Snail pace for run 3 this week! Keep positive vibe going! 👍🏃🏿‍♀️💪🐸🐌

1 like

We’ve got this Chelsea girl!! 💪🏽 Snail power!! 😁😁❤️

Wasn't a girl last time I looked! 😂😂😂😂

2 likes

Don't mind her. She gets over-excited and still won't return my sports bra. I think it's the endorphins :-)

1 like

Didn't think you women shared that sort of thing!! 😂

1 like

You can if you get it from a man! It’s allowed! Better not say that either actually! Let’s just be snails! Much easier! 😉❤️

1 like

Sorry chap didn't realise you were a chap! 🏃🏿💪

No I’m not..but I think Sallenson is! Sallenson see what you’ve caused with your sports bra and mankini?! Do you want to reveal or keep the mystery going? I like a bit of mystery myself! 😁❤️

Could do with a bit of support when I run as well! So if you've got one going spare! 😂😂😂😂

No high-jacking Chelsea!! Sallenson isn’t seeing it again! It’s mine! 🤣 ❤️

Ok just have to knock myself out then! 🙏

Oh alright then! We’ll share! ❤️

👍🏃🏿‍♀️🏃🏿

1 like

Sorry Fabulous as much as I like chatting must get on with some work! Week 5 run 3 for me tomorrow (20 min run)! Good luck keep me posted! 👍🐌🐌💪

1 like

Me too! 👌🏽

1 like

Ooh so sorry! Good luck Chelsea man! Assumptions - foot in mouth! Need crowbar! 🤣 ❤️

1 like

Well done fellow snail!! 🐌🐌🐌🐌

1 like

SNAILS ROCK INNIT :-)

1 like

😉

Well done! You were destined to run outside. Enjoy the next one, it’s slightly different from the first!

1 like

Thanks Jay! I’m going to give it my best shot! ❤️

1 like

You’ll be perfectly fine. Remember, you are Fabulous 😜

1 like

I’m certainly working on it Jay!! Not bad so far! You’re fabulous too! We all are! ❤️

1 like

Well done. W5 was my favourite.

1 like

Thank you! Good to know!! Good luck with your next run too!! ❤️

1 like

Well done! I started out with Michael but the last two weeks have been with Jo W as she chats more about how she used to hate running! :D

1 like

Lol! Michael would probably miss walking beside me! I can’t do it to him! 🤣! I do intend to try some other coaches after graduation to mix it up a bit though! ❤️

You may also like...