Average heart rate dropping : My average heart... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
102,751 members β€’ 132,350 posts

Average heart rate dropping

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate
β€’17 Replies

My average heart rate for my run has been dropping consistently by 1bpm for the past half dozen runs. As I have been running the same (or longer) time and distance, I presume this is a sign I am getting fitter? Fair chuffed.

17 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Myrar
MyrarGraduate

You've done fantastic and been a great source of encouragement ..Well done on getter fitter ..Happy running 😊

Crittermad
CrittermadGraduate

I’d agree with that! πŸ˜€

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate

That’s fab Jay! If you’re not already, I’m sure you’ll soon be like one of those runners that are zooming past me on my runs! Well done to you!! ❀️

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate
in reply to Fabulous450

Nah. I’m forever slow.

Fabulous450
Fabulous450Graduate
in reply to Jay66UK

Nothing wrong with slow! πŸ˜‰

Bridget007
Bridget007Graduate

Excellent, definitely getting fitter πŸ˜€

Flaraflarkin
FlaraflarkinGraduate

Gotta be a good indicator πŸ’ͺ

sallenson
sallensonGraduate

You've always been a fit bloke to us Jay :-) Sounds like all those benefits are starting to come through now. You're turning into an endurance athlete before our eyes!!

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate
in reply to sallenson

I wish, mate - I’m still a fat bloke. But a fat bloke with a falling heart rate!

sallenson
sallensonGraduate
in reply to Jay66UK

Now listen up tiger. You have done an awesome job. And been an absolute rock to a lot of folk on here. It's just going to get better and better from here on in :-)

_SimonT_
_SimonT_Graduate

Nice one Jay! It’s great to think that as our heart rate drops we will have more heart beats left for the future! πŸ€—

Kazbar10
Kazbar10Graduate

That must be a good feeling for you Jay as you are getting fitter which makes all this hard work you've done seem worth it.

I've no idea what my heart rate is doing & not sure I want to know as it's probably off the scale haha

Pleased for you πŸ‘πŸ‘

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate
in reply to Kazbar10

Thanks. Definitely getting fitter. My calf muscles started changing really early on. Seems my thigh muscles are catching up now. If they weren’t still short and hairy, I’d not recognise these legs as my own!

SandieF
SandieFGraduate

Haha β€˜short, fat, hairy legs’ sounds like me πŸ˜‚. Your doing fab and an inspiration. Watch out bud, I’m catching you up πŸ‘πŸ€ͺ

Jay66UK
Jay66UKGraduate
in reply to SandieF

Chase me! 🀣🀣

SandieF
SandieFGraduate
in reply to Jay66UK

πŸ˜‚

Sounds very good to me! 😊

You may also like...