Couch to 5K
71,491 members103,513 posts

W8R2 spot the difference

Comparing run 1 on Friday with just completed run 2.

Run 1...run2

Temperature 6 deg C...14 deg C

Distance 4.00k...4.07k (inc walks)

Rest before 6 days...1 day

I weighed myself before and after and I am a full kilo lighter. All sweat no doubt - it is pouring off me.

Ran well again. My head was challenging me today, telling me I couldn’t run this fast in this heat this far. I just kept plodding on and even went a little further.

But I am now completely done. Water, banana, shower, cup of tea and I’ll revive!

Enjoy your next one x

32 Replies
oldestnewest

Amazing Jay!!!!! 👏🏼👏🏼😊😊😊

1 like

Thanks! Not a high as such today, but deep deep satisfaction. Amazingly chilled feeling.

1 like

Satisfaction is pretty hard to find these days, good for you 😉👍 you're doing great 😁

Thanks! Are you back running yet?

Yes, thank goodness! 3 down, roughly 3/3.5 miles each, working back to normal pace. Off out again shortly. Just pavements for now, no offroad until the balance feels firmer. So relieved to have the outlet back!

1 like

Yay! Pleased for you.

1 like

Thanks! 😁 just banked another 4 miles, feeling good!

1 like

Yay! Well done.

1 like

Fantastic tiger! Back on your feet and back on the road. We missed you!! I'll join the queue that's forming to give you a bear hug!!

1 like

You’ll put your clothes back on and hug me the same way everyone else does, “tiger”!

🤣🤣🤣 Thanks.

Absolutely brilliant! Well done for ignoring what your head was telling you and pushing on x

1 like

Thank you! I’m learning that my head lies to me. Starting to suspect my moderate social anxiety has the same answer.

1 like

I'm starting to think Couch25k teaches us much more than just how to run :-)

2 likes

Agree. Wierd, huh?!

1 like

I ran an hour later than usual today ( sunday liein unusually!) and so regretting it now!! It was 17 degrees and I’ve had my shower and I can still feel my face sweating. Much rather run when it’s cool but I did it and strangely ran further and faster, odd innit? That was week9 run2 out the way .. graduation here I come . Yay!

And as for you keep it up .. we are all with you

1 like

Thanks - I was later too and (whisper it) not properly hydrated again. Good luck with the final run!

Thanks I always drink loads anyway so I don’t think I am ever NOT hydrated. My kettle never cools and I always have water near me too. My daughter says I’m like a camel 🐪

Well done Jay! That's great. Very inspiring as I'm about to do W6R2 - I've had four days off which is the longest break I've had so far & unfortunately it will be another four days after this one but hey-ho. Good luck with your next one.

1 like

If I wasn’t pushing myself to that first Parkrun I’d probably have a minimum of 2 rest days between every in these final weeks!

W6 is ****ing tough so relish those rests - you won’t “lose it”, you will run better. Go slow on this next run, and look forward to R3 - absolutely my favourite run so far. Complete that and you have this in the bag. Good luck!

1 like

Thank you so much! I'm due to go this afternoon & thinking up reasons not to! You have spurred me on - you & good old Sallenson.

1 like

Let it cool a little first - hot out there!

1 like

Well done Jay, you're determination is such a virtue. Nearly there buddy :)

1 like

Thanks!

When it’s a positive it’s “determination”. When it’s not it’s just plain “stubborn”!!

Both get the job done :)

1 like

Well done! That's brilliant!

I've got wk 8 run 1 tomorrow, had the weekend off. Birthday! Can't say I like running in the heat. Will be running as late as possible in the evening!

1 like

Happy birthday!

It was hot enough when I went out at 8 this morning. I’m sat watching the Great Manchester Run coverage thinking 22 degrees? Madness! Stay cool, hydrate!

Watching it too. Mad! Hydrate... I don't think prosecco counts!!

1 like

My ambition is to do the 10k run in Manchester next year 😳

Prosecco? Definitely. Just don’t end up with a hangover!

I'd be happy with 5k next year!! Not too much prosecco. Am in charge of the bbq!

1 like

#jealous

1 like

Brilliant Jay- well done. I do think so much of this is mind over matter. I lost my mind some time ago so no wonder I struggle ! 😂

Btw can you all stop talking about this lovely warm day- cool misty day down here in Devon!!🤪

1 like

I’d swap the weather if I’ve got to run!

1 like

You may also like...