Couch to 5K
54,788 members • 87,276 posts

W6R3- demons laid to rest 😊

Hi

Really pleased to have completed the 25 minute continuous run around the same route that I struggled with on Tuesday for R2. Yes, the hilly bits were still hilly but hey! I live in the Welsh valleys after all!

Back to loving the programme- continuous runs definitely work better than intervals for me at this stage, so glad I listened to you wonderful folks and persevered 😊

Also tried a radio podcast which was great (News Quiz), although I did look a bit odd laughing to myself 😂

Keep on running everyone 🎵

Beth x

6 Replies
oldest • newest

Just come back from this run too. Ran a bit extra just to see if I could! But mine's all on the flat. I agree about the intervals now being a distraction rather than longed for and I prefer the continuous runs. Even managed to overtake some walking children!

1 like

Go Team W6R3! Like you two I did the run this morning, Dartmoor so equally hilly but I managed the long drag 22mins in. It can only get easier, well done 👍

1 like

Well done ⭐️ Just done w6r1 so just a little behind you, great to hear how future runs are going x

1 like

Well done Beth, especially after the rough one last time.

I too feel relieved that we are now onto just continuous runs. However... when I started I thought that walking breaks was just for us beginners and once we got to a certain stage (like now), we would leave them behind forever. But I had a sneak peak at some "bridge to 10k" plans that I might have a go at after completing C25K - and noticed that most of them had walking breaks in them too. Seems like they are the norm when trying to extend your stamina/endurance, even for experienced runners, so (depending on what we do post-graduation) we may not have seen the back of them just yet :)

1 like

Very well done and your hills will reward you also.🌟👏👏

1 like

Congratulations!

Two thirds of the way through.

So glad you got back to the positive sort of outing.

Enjoy your rest days.

1 like

You may also like...