Couch to 5K
63,986 members97,035 posts

W2R1 Managed it...just!

W2R1 Managed it...just!

Last week I just got out there. Then I saw DaddyInTraining's post earlier and decided to track my run for extra motivation. I only looked at it when I got home and was pleasantly surprised!

If you said to me last week I would do this today, I would have laughed. Don't get me wrong, it is haaaarrrdddd!!!!! But now I believe I can get better at this running malarkey.

Thanks to you guys on here, I just want to keep going. Love to all 💞💞💞

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Awesome! Well done xx

1 like

Thanks MamaHogg xx Need a warm drink now, I got rained on for 5 mins half way through 😂

Haha oh dear! My second and third runs of week 1 were rainy and cold ones but w2 r1 was glorious sunshine! Hopefully, it will make its way to you in time for run2 xx

1 like

Well done 👍🏻 I just did the same run too 😊

2 likes

Well done. You will get better.

One point, which is mentioned in the guide to the plan healthunlocked.com/couchto5... is that if you keep posting maps of your routes on here, you are displaying where and when you run, when your house is maybe empty and, with a few maps, a pretty good idea of where you live.

If you are happy telling all and sundry, fine, but we cannot guarantee who is looking.

Take care.

2 likes

Noted on the map thing and the. I may edit it and repost! Xx

1 like

Good job Mel.

We'll done.

I track my sessions as well, for personal reasons like you for monitoring my progress.

Great to hear another success story.

1 like

Looking at graphs was fun, seeing the peaks where I did my running intervals. I don't think I will do it every time and I purposefully didn't look until I got back. It was a delayed gratification technique because I knew this run would be hard for me. This made me feel better.

1 like

Well done girl

1 like

Thanks 💞

I'm a bit of a nerd for logging and data, so was gutted when I finished my run on Friday and I'd forgotten to start my tracking 😡 had to work hard to convince myself it still counted lol

1 like

Of course it counts! I just wanted something I could refer back to. I might do it on the first run of each week to see how I am improving. Whatever keeps us going xxx

1 like

I know i just like to see the pretty map on my fitbit page 😁

1 like

Well done you! Keep up the hard work... I love doing now, I need to kick myself to start but once I do I feel great! Think I need to start tracking my runs even if they are on the treadmill! X

1 like

Thanks. Does your treadmill display how far/fast you go? Running outside means I know I have gone bit further each time, I just had no idea until today how far it was in total.

Yes it does show how far and how fast I run, I’ve got an Apple Watch too so use that for distance & time more than the treadmill x

1 like

That’s really great Mel!! I found the next one better which I think is because I slowed right down so I got to the end in one piece!! Weirdly I found myself inwardly chanting ‘ I love running ‘ and ‘ slow and steady’ , 😂

1 like

👏🏃‍♀️That's amazing Mel. Go you!

I'll be starting week 2 tomorrow.

1 like

Thanks 💞

1 like

Well done....its great to read that there are loads of other people doing this....im on w2 run 2 tomoz...

1 like

You may also like...