Couch to 5K
52,617 members84,704 posts

Gonna repeat wk5

Had a bit of a wobble since l didn't complete my WK5R3 on Saturday. Last night's WK6R1 didn't go well at all!! Think its a mental barrier so tomorrow (today being my rest day) l am going to go back to the start of wk5 to do run 1 & 2 to try and build my confidence again.

I believe in the plan, its got me this far so repeating a week seems like the right step. Fingers crossed for me please :-)

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Repeating is fine, but the run you should have repeated is the one you did not complete, W5R3.

Have you read the guide to the plan?https://healthunlocked.com/couchto5k/posts/136914770/faq-post........how-to-run-c25k which lays out the recommended approach.ie. repeat any run you have not completed, otherwise move on.

The beauty of the plan is that you are in control, so do whatever you feel is best for you.

Every run is making you stronger.

3 likes

Good luck to you, I’m sure you’ll be fine. It’s a real transition period this (I’m just finishing Week 6) and it’s definitely a big mental leap.

You’ll be so super buzzing when you do complete Week 5 though, it will get you through Week 6 and beyond.

Keep on running, you can do it!!! 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️😀👍

2 likes

Just do W5R3 there’s no point in punishing yourself more when you did runs 1&2. Maybe take an extra day of rest before you do it.

We will be with you mentally when you do. Good luck

1 like

Yep. Go for W5R3 again. Take it really slowly - almost as if you’re jogging in slow motion - and you’ll be amazed how easy it is.

2 likes

You may also like...