Couch to 5K
63,954 members97,009 posts

DONT

wear new (lets be honest slightly small) running gear; run in the midday sun (am out of UK at present) with sunscreen dripping in your eyes; run without eating since 7pm the night before and no breakfast

Stupid me I did all three, kept having to hike up my leggings and rub my stinging eyes on new white teeshirt which is now stained with a disgusting mix of sweat, sunscreen and mascara - and I felt weak from hunger...but at least it took my mind off the 20 minute obstacle and I DID IT! First 10 minutes was all discomfort; 10-15 seemed to go in a flash, and the last 5 minutes were very hard, but with all those stupid made-by-me handicaps I feel like I climbed Everest!

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Lol! Well done!

1 like

thanks!

Well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

1 like

thanks!

Fab. The first 10 mins of a run is where I often question why I am doing it. After that your breathing evens out.

1 like

first 10 was SO hard

Well done indeed...but take care of you... :) You are your best asset and need to be kind to yourself !

Very well done... no more running at midday though..in sunshine........ ( what's that ?:)

1 like

Thank you! and thats it for me on sunshine runs. So weird though, blue skies, sunflowers and bougainvillea...

1 like

Gorgeous:)

Well that's basically as good as graduating 😉 If you can cope with all that and still run nothing can stop you now!

1 like

Woo hoo! Thanks for the encouragement!

It's a milestone, well done.

Be respectful of W6R1, it is trickier than it looks.

2 likes

I am trying to block it from my mind....!

Anticipation not apprehension.... slow and steady :)

Wow! Not a run you’ll forget in a hurry(!) tho not necessarily for good reasons. Welll done for persevering. And enjoy that ☀️

Liz x

Yep I am stocking up on Vitamin D!

You may also like...