Couch to 5K
62,176 members โ€ข 94,911 posts

I only went and run for 20mins...woo hoo! Wk5 R3 completed ๐Ÿ˜€

I only went and run for 20mins...woo hoo! Wk5 R3 completed ๐Ÿ˜€

An unexpected day off meant I was able to head out today to run my final run of Wk5.

As I started out it started to snow and quite a blizzard to begin with but I was determined to not let this stop me. The first 10mins felt quite comfortable, 10-15mins tougher and 15-20mins a real challenge!! But I dug deep and I kept saying to myself โ€œslow and steady, slow and steadyโ€ and managed to run for the full 20mins, Iโ€™m still in shock to be honest ๐Ÿคฃ the sun was shining beautifully when I finished and summed up the end of my run.

Thank you to everyone who has given me so many top tips, advice and motivation to get me through Wk5 I really appreciate it ๐Ÿ™Œ now bring on Wk6!!

30 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

What a great run report, full of happiness and positivity! Well done - slow and steady is absolutely the way to go, and YOU DID IT!!! :D

1 like

Thanks RainbowC ๐Ÿ˜€ I felt great afterwards and still smiling now!!

1 like

Fantastic, go you! ๐Ÿ˜„

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

Very impressive - how muddy were your trainers ๐Ÿ˜†

Haha not too bad as it was mainly pavements I was running along ๐Ÿ˜

That's amazing! And you look so fresh faced at the end of it!

I think that was my red glow ๐Ÿ˜† my legs felt very tired afterwards but after some stretching Iโ€™m all good now ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 like

Very well done indeed... the lovely longer runs await:)

And I kept your advice at the forefront of my mind โ€œslow and steadyโ€ ๐Ÿ™‚

1 like

Well done you! Itโ€™s a great feeling isnโ€™t it! With that positivity youโ€™ll nail the coming weeks.

Thank you Jude! It certainly does feel good ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 like

Wonderful! Well done, thats a big milestone. Enjoy that feeling! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒŸ

Thank you! Iโ€™m going to take that great feeling with me into Wk6 ๐Ÿ˜†

1 like

Thanks RainbowC ๐Ÿ˜€ I felt great when I finished and still smiling now!!

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

1 like

Great stuff Melo, youโ€™re doing amazing, Iโ€™m a run behind you but itโ€™s good to get positive feedback about whatโ€™s in store

1 like

Good luck Quigs with your next run, youโ€™ll smash it and posting how great you feel ๐Ÿ‘

A great milestone run.

Look out for W6R1, it is a tricky one.

Keep running, keep smiling.

2 likes

Thank you and thanks for the advice ๐Ÿ˜Š

Well done! I'm heading out to do this run this morning. It's minus 5 but at least the sun is shining!

1 like

How did you get on triumphbabe? Hope you had a good run in the sun despite the freezing temperatures ๐Ÿ‘

I left it until the afternoon, when it had gone up to minus 3! It went really well, the time flew by and I felt really comfortable with it. Can't wait for next run tomorrow. Thanks for asking x

1 like

Superb! Well done you ๐Ÿ™Œ

Fantastic well done, and what gorgeous pics too...... :)

1 like

Aww thank you ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

Thatโ€™s brilliant, well done! I reached that point two weeks ago but a painful hip has meant 2 weeks off. Iโ€™m hoping to resume running next Monday and redo week 5 to get back into it. So youโ€™ve overtaken me but BRILLIANT

1 like

Hope youโ€™re able to get back to it on Monday ๐Ÿ‘ Iโ€™m hoping to do my next run tomorrow but at the moment weโ€™ve got a lot of snow so I will have to see if itโ€™s safe to do so.

Happy running!

Bloody well done you! :)

1 like

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

You may also like...