Seasons Greetings

We have a Christmas decoration that says that - gets very annoying after a few repetitions!! But heartfelt they are ... I read many posts over the last few days and it was lovely seeing so many wishes for each other in our running club here.

I am staying away from home for a couple of days with family and was originally planning a Christmas Day run. I decided it would be unfair on the family for various reasons but knew I needed to take the dog (Freddie) out for a walk so he didn’t go stir crazy. I was delighted when my 16 year old daughter (Alice) agreed at 7:45am to come with me.

We set off on an abridged version of the run route that I had planned adapted for a 30 minute walk. It was lovely out in the fresh air and I know Alice enjoyed it too. After 15 minutes she started to run with the dog and my immediate reaction was “you will have to wait for me to catch up” - then I remembered that I could run .. and did .. it was only for 30 - 60 seconds but we laughed and enjoyed the rest of the walk together despite the best attempts of a crow to antagonise Freddie.

Merry Christmas one and all - and thank you for your support in helping me to get some semblance of fitness back. I wish you all good luck and happiness with your running/walking and IC recoveries.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Such a wonderful feeling 😊

• Well done you 👍🏃‍♂️🐾🐾🎄

You may also like...