Couch to 5K
64,080 members97,144 posts

The lasagne run!

Hello lovely runners,

Christmas Eve has been a kitchen madhouse (to carols) of cooking, wrapping & visitors. When to fit a run in?? So I laid my plans - worked out that my only chance was right after I had put the lasagne in the oven. Phone rings, "Can we drop in?" asks the happy voice of my daughter's best friend just as I was putting the lasagne together- NO!! My run!!

Only one thing to do - share happy G&T time with visitors, shamelessly delay lasagne (which became interestingly curly) expect entire family to have dinner an hour late and RUN! Even better- youngest daughter came too and ran laps around me & made encouraging noises! 😃

Happy Christmas to you all! 😀

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Go you. That is determination for you. I’m thinking of sneaking in a run tomorrow if I can 😁 Not sure it will work out but I’m going to try. Have a great day tomorrow 🎄🎉🎅🏼🎁🥂

1 like

I am planning to cycle, but not sure when. We have an early start so we can do stockings and breakfast before eldest daughter goes to work. I suspect the others may then crawl back to bed - if so, that's my chance!!

Have a lovely day tomorrow. 😃

1 like

Yay, enjoy your cycle 🤗

1 like

There’s always a ‘Plan B’..!!

Well done for getting that run in, and lovely that you had the company of your daughter - win/win..!!

Merry Christmas, have a great day 🎄🎁🎅🏼

2 likes

Merry Christmas Heady, have a lovely day tomorrow. 😃

1 like

Fantastic!

1 like

.. and that is what it is all about...and makes it all so perfect!!! Go you...Happy Christmastide:)

You may also like...