Couch to 5K
54,785 members87,275 posts

below the neck, blergh

Is it man flu? It must be man flu. All the men say it's awful and whatever I have is awful. I was hoping it had left the below the neck region but the massive coughing fits I am having say otherwise.

I am enjoying reading everyone's posts as ever, and just wanted to vent - hygienically, as opposed to the venting my nose and sinuses have been doing - about not being able to run for over a week now. I was really hoping to do some festive run mapping ... if I do it after Christmas (I won't be back at home until the 27th) it just won't be the same :(

Yours snottily,

icklegui

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Oh dear I really hope you're feeling better very soon oh and it can't be man flu or you wouldn't have the energy to post this xx

3 likes

Hope you are feeling better , sounds a bit like man flu to me 😁😁 but the good news is man flu often resolves fast I am sure you will be running soon. Happy Christmas

1 like

Man flu does exist... ???

theguardian.com/lifeandstyl...

Feel better soon and get out when you really feel better:)x

1 like

Oh ickle, so sorry to hear this. Me and my mum swear by Vicks vapour rub on the chest for a cough and, erm, (wo)man flu. Hope you feel much better soon. Don't worry, the running will wait for you. Big Vicks hug to you. x

1 like

Mollydex and rolysmate I don't know which one of you is right really ;) but the article Oldfloss links to is the occasional favourite fun-science suggestion that men do feel symptoms worse than women, there may well be something in it, and I'm just whining really!

I know it's not really influenza, I wouldn't be upright if it was!

Sadie-runs thank you m'dear, I have menthol rub (not sure if it's Vicks or own-brand), loads of lemons, honey, and whisky :D (forgot the ginger but I'm sure these other things will kill it off)

Can't smell a thing which was handy for the end of year cleanout of the work fridge ...

2 likes

I do sympathise. Mrs BW caught Manflu once and it knocked her for six. Get well soon.

2 likes

Oh no, no, no...!!! I’m so sorry you’re poorly 😔 I hope you feel better soon.

On the positive side, your map running doesn’t ‘have’ to be festive 😉😬

1 like

Made it out today!

I pored over the map looking for other 'interesting' shapes... they're all a bit cubist! 😂 i'll keep looking for inspiration!

1 like

Well done, I hope it was a good run.

I’m in Eastbourne at the moment and I’m having the same trouble... thought I might find a ‘festive’ map run down here.

Hey ho, there’s only one thing for it ... 😂

South coast! I'm on the Isle of Wight.

1 like

Ooh, I love the Isle of Wight ... haven’t been for a while 😔

1 like

You may also like...