Couch to 5K
65,132 members98,425 posts

Cold weather skin!

Thank you to all you lovely people who took time to reply to my sos skin post. Some really helpful tips with Nivea being upmost it seems... I’ll be trying it certainly need it and both my brother and son suggested either a snood or buff as you did too - thanks.

Just need the heavily iced paths to clear a bit before I can confidently step out again... haven’t been out running since Saturday and missed it 😂😍. Happy safe running !

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done.. I love Nivea, always have, as did my Mum and my Little Mum ( daughter ) has always used it and she has the most beautiful skin!

The Buff is an absolute must.. great for stopping draughts, drips, snowflakes and cold air and in summer, the lighter ones give real neck protection! I have them instead of scarves now.

Take care out there, it is still a bit iffy... my run is a non-starter this morning, despite it being warmer,the pavements and the lanes are still like glass! A walk it is!

Hope you manage to get out there:)

1 like

Nivea fan here. I use Crabtree & Evelyn lip salve. It’s white choc flavour 👄. To rescue my burned face last April I used Clinique moisture surge face and eye cream. My husband bought it for me. My eyelids got burned as well as my face. It was wind sun and cold combo. Hellish! 😞

Thank you sounds like you’re prepared now all weathers. Lip salve sounds tasty 😋!

Hi Floss

Quite by chance, I've found this: thisispowder.co.uk/content/....

Seems that good old Nivea comes out virtually identical to La Mer which sells for £120 a pot! (Not that I'd dream of paying that sort of price for a fancy face cream - just think of the lovely new running shoes it would buy ...)

2 likes

So interesting! I got really wind-burnt yesterday whilst out walking?? ( slithering) with small runner in training; I lathered Nivea on after my shower and all soft and lovely again:) My skin.. not me :)

It just shows what a rip off some products are...!

Yup, another vote for Nivea here too !

Cheap as chips n'all which is very appealing to a Yorkshire lass like me :-)

I am missing my running too. I couldnt get out last weekend and I have had things on all this week so far , now I am going down with the dreaded lurgy - Bah ! :-(

Hope you can get out soon xxx

2 likes

Thank you! Rest well and you’ll soon be out again . I braved it today in the rain got drenched but having smothered my face in balm which was a good move I enjoyed my 20 min run 😊

1 like

Thank you ! :-) xxx

Oh Pops.... feel better soon x

1 like

Thank you so much Floss, theres lots of us in the same boat I think ! :-) xxx

And another Nivea fan here too!

2 likes

Hi again, Lou.

Quite by chance, I found this thisispowder.co.uk/content/...

Seems that good old Nivea comes out virtually identical to La Mer which sells for £120 a pot! (Not that I'd dream of paying that sort of price for a fancy face cream - just think of the lovely new running shoes that would buy ...)

You may also like...