Couch to 5K
56,995 members89,536 posts

First official race - Wilmslow Festive 10km

First official race - Wilmslow Festive 10km

Hi all. So I did it!! With some extra motivation from Jancanrun (not letting me tag). It was tough going in parts, freezing cold, wet and early start. Had no music in my ears as although people did, I wanted to take in the atmosphere and support. So glad I did. Had little chats with runners along the way and one of the pacers. My chip time was 1:13:11 and I am totally made up with that. A whole 2 minutes better than my own 10km three weeks ago. And I’ve not trained since due to the fibromyalgia. Totally recommend official racing.

Celebrating with red wine, steak and blue cheese. 🍷🍷🧀

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic run, well done and a fab time as well!

1 like

Very very well done, a terrific achievement .

Hope you've enjoyed your reward

1 like

This is not just a race, this is a Marks and Spencer race... Mrs T what a cracking time, loving the meal celebration too, except blue cheese uurrggghhh devils food....😈

But I am dead impressed - you never wanted your running to be defined by fibromyalgia, and you sure kicked it into touch today.

Well done, big hugs

X

2 likes

It’s like the Marmite of cheeses. For me the combo above is my perfect meal and would totally be my death row meal 😂 xx

Thank you. I appreciate your words. The medal is going up on the wall xx

Uuurrrggghhh Marmite too? The medal is brilliant and I think you’ve done amazingly well... now when is that half marathon again?

I am not a huge fan of Marmite tbh by it I do like it xx

It is in October. So I have the Manchester Run in May too x

Okay my word you are committed! X

1 like

Fantastic. 🙌🏼

2 likes

Well done, you are amazing. There is no holding you back! A very well deserved victory dinner. :)

2 likes

Congratulations &very well done

2 likes

Yay well done! Xx

2 likes

Whoop whoop well done. Your first race is always special. Great time too 🙂

1 like

Yup, racing is a BLAST! Who knew 😁

So, well done 👍🏅. You’ll be hooked now 😃

1 like

Woo hoo... Go Mrs T...

Congratultions great time and distance :) :) ;)

You may also like...