Post Grad : lost count of the week but still running :-)

This week has been a bit hit and miss. Monday was so muddy and soggy I sulked. The wind was really up on Wednesday so I decided to have more duvet time instead. It was a mistake as my mood for the whole day was very low.

So Thursday morning arrived and a run was definitely needed after 2 rest days. I happened upon a new route. During my warm up walk I spied a side road that I knew ran along some houses. So off I went to explore. Low and behold there was field full of grass. It had been raining the night before but I couldn't see any mud so I entered in.

It was great. The new field is all grass. Some of it was even short. Best of all I had it all to myself. As time was short I played the speed podcast for a 16 minute run. It turned out to be interval training. I didn't quite keep up with the podcast but I didn't stop running. Oh yes and as an added bonus for getting up and running, the wet grass cleaned the mud off my trainers yee haaa!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds pretty good to me.... very well done...I am really glad you got out and it was fun!

I love Speed... great when you are short on time too!

• That's all that matters. Just get out there and run your little legs in circles 🏃🏃🏃

You may also like...