Couch to 5K
54,656 members87,151 posts

Things I have learned whilst running 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

Things I have learned whilst running 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

This morning I learnt a few new things about this running lark:

1-It’s getting cold in the early mornings so I will need to invest in some running gloves and base layers

2-The sunrises are absolutely stunning 🌅🌅

3-Joy Division’s, Love Will Tear Us Apart, is my perfect running tune 🎶

4-After taking Mr Smooth out for a run today, I realised that I’ve missed him soooo much 😢 so he’ll be joining me regularly

5-The longer distance didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would

6-I STILL LOVE RUNNING ❤️🏃🏻‍♀️

To all the new runners, the middle runners and the near the end runners, keep the faith, trust the program, never forget to enjoy your runs, make time for yourself and above all, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOU GOT THIS!!

Happy running you lovely lot 🏃🏻‍♀️❤️🏃🏼

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Even the mid morning run was cold today

Having said that 1km in and I was stripping layers off

1 like

So was I!! I must’ve been a right sight trying to wrestle out of my top layer 🤣🤣

1 like

Great post and well done.

1 like

Thank you Chris 😊

This is LOVELY, Kimchoc! And you have reminded me, need to get running gloves! (Though has been very mild in London, to the point where I ran in shorts and a vest one day this week!)

Also, now I have graduated (yay!) I must try Mr Smooth on one of my runs. I was very loyal to Jo throughout C2SK, but my curiosity about the ole smoothy has now gotten the better of me!

Happy running, dear runner.

Sadie-runs (for joy)

1 like

Thank you. Weather has been so mild that I’ve been in shorts and vest tops too!! You need to try Mr Smooth just once and you’ll be all gooey!! 😊😊

Joy Division 🙆🙆🙆

3 likes

Hell, yeah 😃

2 likes

Thanks for the inspiration. I have learnt after week 1 that I need more than one pair of running socks! I do love how they label them L and R for the appropriate feet.

2 likes

It’s funny how little things make us laugh 🤣🤣

Oooh, good call on Joy Division. Going to add it to my playlist now!

1 like

Great song and the beat fits perfectly to my running!! I sing it out loud when I’m running and I don’t care who hears me!!

2 likes

I’ve been singing it since I read your post - and I’ve not even been running yet! 😂

2 likes

🤣🤣🤣 that has made me giggle

2 likes

Great post Kim! And what wonderful photos. You're right about the amazing sunrise. H xx

1 like

Thank you 😊

So inspirational Kim, your posts would make a sloth take up running. XxX

1 like

Awww, thanks Martin 😊😊

Beautiful photos and a really inspiring post 😘

1 like

Thank you 😊

1 like

I love to read what people like to run to-there are some great tunes that I forget about-if u don’t mind I’ll add this one too!

1 like

Feel free to add!! It’s s great running tune 😊

1 like

You may also like...