Couch to 5K
62,303 members95,058 posts

Hello

Hello

I have been lurking for a few days and reading some very inspiring posts so thank you all. I have just graduated from the C25k program and can't believe how much I love running. I have decided to continue with the last week of C25k a few times just to consolidate the time and distance. When I first started I needed to loose quite a bit of weight and have lost over 3 stone with Slimming world, walking and running. One of my biggest mmotivations was a comment made by a colleague who said "I was built for comfort not for speed "which is quite funny but stuck with me. I met someone after my run yesterday who asked how long I had been out and how far I had been, when I told him he said "well done fit you" I just thought I'd share this as it showed me how far I have come along this journey.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Fantastic. Well done on your weight loss and congratulations for graduating. It is amazing, I too feel like a different person.

Me too, I am even wearing licra 😂 never thought that would happen

Lovely post, lovely picture. Now you are built for speed, comfort and whatever else life throws at you :)

1 like

Thank you ☺

And you can go as far as you want from here.

Great achievements.

you should be rightly proud.

2 likes

Thank you ☺ Trail running and working towards 10k are an exciting prospect

Pop over to the Bridge to 10k forum for specific posts on that target.

1 like

Will do thanks

Fantastic post, congratulations on graduating, you have done an amazing thing.

1 like

Thank you ☺

1 like

Well done!!! You have come do far🎉🎉

1 like

Thank you ☺

1 like

You may also like...