Couch to 5K
62,472 members95,294 posts

Getting healthy

Hey everyone, I have joined this app as I really need to get my health back on track, I've put a fair bit of weight on of late and have stopped running like I used to. Getting back into healthy habits is seeming like such a chore! I've been to the doctors this morning for a review of my anxiety medication and my blood pressure is a little high! Which is surprising as I've always had low blood pressure! Anyway, I'm hoping to get back into the healthier lifestyle and hoping I can be some help to others too!

Rachel x

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done Rachel, welcome to the family ... x

3 likes

Good on you, empowering yourself. All the best wishes, good luck.

1 like

Thankyou guys xx

Hi Rachel, as soon as you get going you will start to feel better. I find my anxiety is helped with a run and that sense of accomplishment of completing a goal. I also find that if I run when I'm 'hungry' I don't feel hungry after the run. This is helping me to break my habit of comfort eating and lead a slightly more structured approach to meals. I am forever looking in the cupboards for chocolate at night though which is a habit I would love to break. The other thing I do is jump to the posts on week 9 as I love to read the comments made by those who are in this week and never thought they would get there. Best of luck and I'll look out for your posts.

2 likes

Oh bless you thankyou :) any tips and advice are greatly appreciated xx

1 like

Well done x

1 like

Welcome... steady and slow...take the rest days and listen to your body. This, linked with a healthy eating regime could be just what you are looking for:)

2 likes

Welcome Rachellaila😊 and well done on starting C25k.

Good luck with Run 1, just a nice gentle jog. Keep posting...😊

1 like

Great so you are planning on doing C25k? It's a fab way to get fit and healthy.... keep us posted 😎

Yes I’m just going to look at the App Store now x

You can do this and it may transform your life.

Good luck.

1 like

You may also like...