Couch to 5K
62,100 members94,825 posts

One more run to go!!!

Well day off so out by 8.30, Home showered, son who “is not leaving Home just yet” turned up to pick up Tv, Xbox, more clothes ...oh and do you need a hoover I have this one spare ooh yes please!!! He’s not coming back is he? 🤔 feel a bit flat 😢 but never mind one more run then I can start the next chapter of my running life. Onwards!!

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I don't generally take a vacuum if I'm not planning to live somewhere. Just saying.

Meanwhile, go you, how amazing that you're nearly done!!

3 likes

I know...seems hard to believe 26/27 done!! Mum exactly but he will say well Tasha needs one it is her flat....but he has not slept here since Friday so in my book that is pretty much moved out!! Hey ho have the task of getting his room tidy now!!! Day off?? 😂

1 like

I say repossess the room. :devil:

1 like

Haha it us now arranged how i want it and the windows have been opened!! 😂😂

1 like

Well done Polly, Polly on the podium, now that has a nice ring to it....

1 like

Yes it does doesn’t it!?!?! Slight knee twinge today so that had better stay away! Let’s just hope I don’t break any bones on Saturday or will mess everything up!!

1 like

fingers crossed

1 like

Good on you, nearly there. As for kids leaving home,mine all did - and came back at various points!

2 likes

Oh I’m sure he will we back...first row!!! 😂 At least his room is ready. Down to just 1 of the 3 now so won’t be long before it’s just derby and Joan!!! 😊

1 like

Nice one mate, keep that podium warm for me, I hope to be there on Monday.

2 likes

Sounds like he's gone to me. V impressed he's taken a vacuum though, you've brought him up very well. I can't imagine my teenager realising she'll ever need one ☺️

2 likes

Haha no guarantee they will actually use it!!!

2 likes

Onward indeed.. brave soul!

Slow and steady does it... life goes on... you will survive and what is more you will be fitter, stronger and completely inflated with pride :)

PS

Son will not abandon Mum... betcha !x

1 like

No he will be back it’s only the other side of town, but son moving out totally different from when my daughter left. You know what they say, daughter for life, son till he gets himself a girlfriend 😜.

Sending a big virtual hug Polly...I can't imagine my 3 leaving home, I know that day will come but I don't think I'll cope...thank god for running, it can take your mind to better places...I'm right behind you...bet you have felt the heat from my sweaty face following you??!!! 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️

1 like

Yes I can feel the heat!!! 🤣thanks ...I’m ok he is 22 and needs to spread his wings just feels strange...and I keep doing far too much food for only 3 of us!!! 😂

I'm sweating right behind you! But seriously - my son will be 22 in 18 years, when I'm (calculates in head addled with wine) 66 years old, heavens above. I'll be like, get out of here already!!! Got some "classic" Game of Thrones to rewatch.

1 like

You may also like...