Couch to 5K
65,261 members98,624 posts

How am I going to manage without a run 'fix'

Taking my aged mother to a hotel for 3 days to give her a change of scenery (yes, my halo is glowing) but much as I love her I'm already thinking I will miss my early morning run, because she won't want to be left on her own, and the endorphin buzz. Next time will pick an hotel with a gym. How on earth did this running lark get me so addicted?

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Enjoy this time :) And if you find yourself fretting over a missed run - well, there will be more runs but you only get one Mum in life :)

2 likes

Thats true and we enjoy each others company on these little jaunts

The runs will still be there....:) Try some yoga or stretches to keep yourself feeling fit:)

Mums are more precious than runs...just give her extra hugs :) Enjoy your break :)

1 like

Book her in for a shampoo and set or a manicure - nice treat for her, free time for you to get your run fix. x

Now theres a good idea. Thanks

1 like

Mmm, well, if it was me, the restlessness might make me bad company. I'm one of three sisters with big needs for regular fresh-air fixes - and a 92 yo mum. We always behave better after a blast round the block!! But maybe if you store up your running needs they will drive you to new wonders when you come home!

Yes, I know what you mean I do get twitchy without exercise. However I sussed out a nice run along the River Sid parkland that I might squeeze in before breakfast tomorrow for 30 mins if I persuade aged parent to have a lie-in.

1 like

You could always switch her to decaf tea or coffee to help her sleep longer. I did this for my Mum- she had Alzheimer's and her sleep pattern changed but decaf helped her to sleep longer which gave my dad a little more respite time in the morning.

She wakes early but likes reading her kindle so may be happy for hour or so with cup of tea so I can run for a bit.

1 like

Sounds like 'the Byes'? Lovely.

Yes Gillma you're right! Lovely and loads of joggers and dog walkers/runners

You may also like...