Graduated last week, life continues, still a learner

Hi,

Freshly graduated from last week, I wanted to share with you my first steps in a life after C25K.

On Monday I went for a very relaxed 38 minutes run. This time no headphones and I really enjoyed that. Firstly hearing the birds chirping away and then listening to myself. Paying more attention to how I breath, being surprised by how silently I can run; all these were new experiences. Overall a different experience than the podcast, much more self-centered, that felt good.

And then today, I stepped into a gym for the first time in my life, scary experience. But I quickly realised that like W1R1 of C25k the first step is the hardest and there is no reason to be afraid. A welcoming instructor gave me a one-hour introduction, showed me all the facilities and explained the possibilities, then we did a couple of exercises together. I liked that too and arranged 2 sessions for next week to set up a training plan and give me a more in-depth introduction.

I finished with a 30 run on a cross-trainer, strange machine that thing but I can see the attraction of it, being a able to exercise without the impact of running. I still prefer running though.

Overall life continues and I am really happy with my new life towards a fitter person. I am also grateful for the structure C25K gave me, without that I would not have known where to start.

Take care and keep going.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Woop woop, good on you, congratulations - enjoy the running going forward and the gym :-)

• Congratulations! Great to see you running "solo" for the first time. I recently graduated too and still haven't tried it. I went straight on to the 5k+ podcasts - stepping stones, stamina and speed. So really good to hear your comments about running without being plugged in :D I need to try it ;)

And my next step is the gym for my cross training days too :) It's good to have other people who are trying the same things and experiencing the same positives :D :D

Will look out for your next post!

You may also like...