Couch to 5K
62,243 members94,998 posts

Annoying knees!

Hi, I have started couch to 5k twice now and both times my knees have both really played up. I have stopped running again but I really, really want to do this, so I have made an appointment with the doctor to see if I can see what the problem is and if it can be sorted. I don't want them to beat me!

Meanwhile I am doing lots of dog walking and bouncing and seat drops on the trampoline. Will be starting swimming this week too.

Wish me luck!

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Good luck from me. Have you been to a proper running shop or a physiotherapist to have your gait analysed? It may be that different running shoes or orthotic insoles will help avoid problems with your knees.

1 like

That is a good idea. It might help. My knees have been dodgy since I was fourteen, probably due to too much ballet and gymnastics!

Good luck... :) Just a query.. were you trampoline bouncing before when you started this ?

Hi Oldfloss, Yes I used to bounce with my children. They are not interested now, but I carried on. I did have to have a break, two years ago, when I had a series of unrelated injuries and then I had no time last year as I was looking after my terminally ill mum, so I have recently restarted it. It doesn't seem to hurt my knees though.

1 like

Gosh.. you had a rough time last year.. so hard ... a few of us have experienced similar.. x

I only asked because I was thinking about Jumper's knee??? It could be something like that.. I sort of remembered it from the dim distant past..I know there is a link with the knee pain injuries from running.. but I am not a GP or a physio expert!

Best to see what the GP says and maybe a knee support... they can be really helpful...keep us posted ?

1 like

You may also like...