Dead Chuffed πŸ˜€

Dead Chuffed  πŸ˜€

Race report for people who wanted to know how I got on - Bazza1234, Jacs-W, and also for poppypug because I owed her a Park Run from waaayy back. (My next one will be for Curlygurly2).

Got to the park nice and early and walked the dog as I knew I wasn't going to run her.

We finished our walk and I managed to get her back in the van and still beat the rush to the ladies.

Spoke to a very nice lady volunteer in a pink bib who explained everything very clearly. Hung around for the proper, official newbie talk and then walked up to the start - there were A LOT of people. Most of the other newbies seemed to be with friends, so I confined my pre race greetings to people who looked like they'd been before and were there with their dogs. (It's common ground so that works for me. πŸ™‚)

As we set off I picked out a couple of ladies who looked like they might be around my sort of pace to run behind - on the basis that if they turned out to be super speedy I could pick some new people... As luck would have it I chose right and finished right behind one of them (after she'd slowed down to a brisk walk about halfway round) \o/.

TLDR:

I did my first Park Run today, and finished in 34:53 without stopping or walking at all, I even managed a 'sprint' at the very end.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

25 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done! Isn't it just the best.

That's a very respectable time too!

• Yes!

I'm never going to break any records, but I was pretty pleased with it 😊 Thanks.

• Brilliant and brilliant time too Go you !

• Thank you Oldfloss 😍

• Ace! Go you. Well done

• Thank you!

• woo hoo well done you :D xx

sounds like a good time ive not graduated yet so obvs not a expert but sounds good to me

• Thank you !

• Well done! I did Preston park this morning. My running club dump their stuff on the tree stump. Folks in orange vests.

Hope you do it again

Respectable time too

• How many laps of Preston Park is it? It's not a park I visit often so it might be worth the trip over just for a change.

• 3 got a faster time, think I prefer Hove park though

• Hooray! Really well done. You can come run at the Nosehill Calgary Parkrun with me anytime - that's about the speed I go. And so happy to hear about the sprint finish. They're so fun aren't they?

• πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I genuinely cannot not up the pace when I am actually 'competing' as it were. Which is odd because I wouldn't describe myself as particularly competitive.

• You did so very very good πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜€πŸ’ͺ🏻

• Well done, great time and glad you enjoyed it.

• I couldn't do it every week in the same park, but maybe as a once a month thing I'd still find it fun πŸ˜€

• There you are - wasn't so bad after all!! :) :)

• Not too bad at all. πŸ˜€

• Yay ! You did it !!!

Really Well done Mads , that's your first one under your belt. Glad you enjoyed it ! :-) xxx

• Well done mad, good time!

• Thanks. πŸ˜€

• Yay! A parkrun just for me! I look forward to reading about it!

• Probably at the beginning of next month πŸ‘

• Great run, well done :)

• Thanks πŸ˜€

You may also like...