Parkrun and a nice surprise

Ran my first Parkrun this morning, after having to psyche myself up - I wasn't expecting to be so nervous, but I really was! Everyone was lovely, though, and I (somehow) ran the course in ~26 minutes, according to my watch. I was pretty confused about this - this is the nice surprise bit - but I concluded that if the course wasn't wrong, then my running app must be, since it said that I'd only run 2.8km after completing the 5K.

So that means that when I ran my 43 minute 5k on Thursday, I was probably running a bit more than 5K. So...yay?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Just a thought, is it a two lap parkrun, if so did you do the two laps? A new park runner made that mistake at one of our local runs last week.

If not and you did run 5k that it a really brilliant time, well done! Very speedy!

• I checked my map tracker just to be sure - the course is 2 laps of a field and then trails off to other parts of the park - and I did run both laps! So... Well, maybe I was just pushed on by being around other people? I'm sure the course was right - we'll see if I achieve a similar time next week, I guess!

You may also like...