First Parkrun and a surprise guest!

After putting it off on more than one occasion! I finally made it to my first Parkrun this morning. Shouldn't have worried as they are, as everyone says, very laid back and good fun. Joined a field of 260 runners and finished in a very satisfying time of 28:00 - a new PB for me! Just before the off, the race director welcomed the very awesome Dame Kelly Holmes๐Ÿ˜€ who whizzed around the course in under 20mins! Needless to say, I saw very little of her! Still, great to be running in the footsteps of giants eh?!

Happy running this weekend to everyone!๐Ÿ™‚

30 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • 28 mins?? Wow speedy legs you. โ˜บ Fantastic job & how nice of Dame Kelly to turn up just for your first time ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.

Well done โ˜บ

• Ha ha!!

• Oh wow, how fantastic, see, park run is brill, look how speedy you are! and how awesome to have Dame Kelly turn up, now that is one lady I definitely admire - so that was a 'walk' in the park for her! ๐Ÿ˜„

Good times!

Mx

• Fantastic time AND Dame Kelly too!! No wonder you enjoyed yourself. :) :)

• Cracking time Sandra well done :)?

• Well done Sandra on your first Parkrun and what a great time as well! Keep up the good work, you never know you may end up running alongside these superstars! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Hey you did it Sandra! And what an awesome time ๐Ÿ˜€. The Kelly Holmes vibes must have rubbed off on you or rather, all your running in mud has made you super speedy! I missed park run today due to ..er..not getting up in time and feeling toooo tired after a busy week at work.will do my 5k tomorrow on my own some.

• Yep, getting up on time is an issue!! Most weekends I will probably stick to my longer runs but I would definately like to go every few weeks๐Ÿ™‚

• Sounds great.. well done Sandra. Now you are on the Olympic trail.... :)

Brilliant time. Go you..

• Very well done, great time and running with the stars! Excellent.

Was my first Park Run today too, great fun.

• Yes, well done to you too. It felt quite weird running with lots of people as I usually run on my own!๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• Great time - can't imagine why you had any worries!

• Just not a great believer in myself sometimes I'm afraid! New things scare me a bit?..feel quite chuffed now though๐Ÿ™‚

• Wow.. go you.. Dame Kelly obviously came to pick up a few tips from you :)

How very exciting!

Glad your run was so enjoyable. :)

• Congratulations, Sandra. First of many I'm sure!

• ..now I have to go sub 28mins don't I?!

• Only if you want to!

• Fantastic Sandra, Dame Kelly knew you were coming for sure ;) 28 minutes is just brilliant, the stuff of dreams, you quite rightly should be rather chuffed :) well done! X

• Thank you๐Ÿ™‚

• Flying Sandra ! How lovely that Dame Kelly knew it was your first Parkrun and turned out for you ! :-)

Well done Sandra , that is an AMAZING time . Go you -Huzzah ! :-) xxx

• Brilliant result! How cool that Dame Kelly was there - did she win ๐Ÿ˜‚

• No, but I bet she could have done if she'd wanted to! She came home in a polite 11th place!

• Congratulations Sandra!that's a fantastic on time!go you!!!! !sounds like a great morning ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Trying to show myself I can run in large groups of people and not just on my own! โ˜บ

• I did a longer run that I hadn't done for a while today and wished I had someone with me to motivate me to keep going! ๐Ÿ˜•

• Bet it was a tough, hilly, looking out to sea, trail type run!?

• It was a boring flat cycle path from work to home I think that was half the problem!and my longest run for a couple of months. Legs aching today, my trainers don't seem to have much bounce left!๐Ÿ˜•going to go for different ones this time I seem to wear out the Brooks too quickly ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

• How exciting! Well done on your first park run :-)

• Well done! I bet there were quite a few PB's as folks tried to take on Dame Kelly. Good for her pitching up โ˜บ You too of course ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Dame Kelly was on the breakfast sofa this morning talking about her Parkrun and saying what a fab experience it is. She is training for something major so I think you'll be seeing more of her

You may also like...