First postgrad run - through the park criss-crossing the crowds of football supporters probably not the best route

7pm run with the running group. I've not been for a couple of weeks and was looking forward to being able to join in the conditioning/rest breaks. Apparently, the 'breaks' are no longer - we run non-stop. Route is 5k, but rule is that if you get ahead then you have to keep running back to join the back-markers. So today, West Ham were playing Chelsea. Cue crowds of hopeful football supporters, in good spirits, which was just as well as our route criss-crossed them several times! We couldn't take our usual run in front of the stadium, but instead entertained the groups of waiting policemen and women by running back and forth in front of them. At least we didn't scare the horses. Lets hope all spirits were as good natured after the match!

37 mins total running time and 5.7km covered - no wonder my legs were tired!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic - well done! How sneaky of them to remove those lovely breaks ;) but what a great run, all 5.7km of it! :)

• Wonderful and entertaining running through the football fans - how fabulous to run for over 5k nonstop - I am gradually building up to 5k so am in awe of those who can already do it after graduation. :) x

• Those legs were made for running...xx

• Gosh go you... How exciting and a bit scary! Great run and time.. makes me feel tired too :)

You may also like...