You guys had way too much fun with that!

You guys had way too much fun with that!

I do think it is hilarious that the local independent running shop uses plain brown bags - like we have something to hide! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Though it must be said I did hide them from the other half in case he asked me how much they cost ๐Ÿ˜ถ

poppypug was closest: for her guess I will do 1 Parkrun.

Cue new trainers post. Drum roll please.

Unfortunately 10 minutes into my scheduled 20 minute run in them this morning and my toes were numb. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

22 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Very lovely - great berry-ish colours :) Were they just laced a bit tight at the front, or likely to be a problem with the fit? Hope they're better next time out...

• I'm hoping it was that I laced them too tight. They have a lot more space in the toe than I am used to so I may have over compensated.

• They are gorgeous! Could you tell which bit of them was causing the numbness? Tight laces? Or do they just need to give a little? I hope you can 'run them in' or that you can exchange if necessary!

(and I was so hoping it was going to be a gremlin)๐Ÿ˜†

• I am really hoping that it was because I had laced them too tight

• Woo Hoo , I won ! Fab ! :-)

I used to suffer with numbness, it was my laces. I used to have a right mare with them coming undone, so I tied them too tight and as a result I felt like I had cut off the circulation to my feet !

They are a really lovely colour , I do hope you get on okay with them . Theres lots of info on t'internet about tying the laces and what not :-) xxx

• You did, and there is! Someone recently posted a load of lacing styles in a canicross FB group I belong to, so I've been over there looking for it. Found it now!

Babysitting duties allowing I shall try to do my Parkrun in the next 4 weeks. I already have my barcodes. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Lace-lock everytime!

• Lace-lock?

• You use the extra hole at your ankle to make a loop which you feed the other lace through. Not had a trainer come loose or laces untied since I started doing it.

vitals.lifehacker.com/preve...

• Thank you!

• Are they Saucony? I wear their kinvara but found their zealot to be narrower and shallower, resulting in a black nail.

If they are not right for you then you can return them in the brown bag ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜„

• They are. They are the very new edition Peregrine 7s. The toe box is huge and they are quite deep in the fore foot as well, which is why I am hoping that I simply drew the laces too tight over the top of my foot.

• Numb feet.. better than numb b**!

Go you..!

• There is that :D

• They look lovely! I hope you get to keep them.

• I'll play with lacing them up after the weekend.

• Ahh, my guess was wrong! Loving those new shoes, nice colour and very stylish :) hope you sort out the numb toes problem.

• Makes a change from all out pink, not that they stay pink for long on my runs ๐Ÿ˜€

• Fabulous colour! Hope you get the lacing sorted, they're lovely!

• So do I, they will be so much better on hard ground than my current pair!

• I commented too, before I saw this post, so you owe me a parkrun too!

• You may have it. Probably in March โ˜บ

You may also like...