Couch to 5K

W5, R2 done but want advice please

Hi. I've just completed W5, R2 which amazes me...never thought I could do this...even my 9 year old mentioned having never seen me run before.

However, I have Cerebral Palsy and my right ankle is very weak as a consequence. Can anyone suggest a way to stop the soreness as my mind wants to run further and for longer (ok, now you know I'm crazy, haha).

Thanks, Nicki

8 Replies
oldestnewest

This might be something worth consulting a sports therapist or physio about in person, and soon so you don't do any damage if you are starting to feel problems. There must be some expertise out there.

3 likes

Thanks. I think I'll do that.

1 like

Well done you! 😃

I agree I think you should get professional advice about the right way to support your ankle. Best wishes with your running journey 👍

1 like

I have just bought an ankle brace. I think I just need support so I don't keep going over on it...it's that weak! Even walking today, I went over on it. I'll probably have to wear it every day, so may end up getting a second one if it works. Please keep your fingers crossed for me. My ankle is definitely less sore now, so that's a positive.

What about those large elastic band thingys...xx

Yes, I received the ankle brace which seems to give me more support, so very happy.

Soz, i mean those resistance bands to exercise your ankles whilst you're sitting down...xx

That's a good idea. I intended to buy some for my daughter as she has stopped her flex lessons at the dance school, so I could borrow them, too. Thank you

You may also like...