I'm A Dirty Devil ;-)

I'm A Dirty Devil ;-)

Sometimes you ask yourself "why"???

Bovington Tank Training Range - The Dirty Devil Stampede, running 5, 10 or 15k through muddy VERY cold water, woods and trails finishing off with a tank hill and cargo nets.

I'll confess I only did the 5k but I thoroughly enjoyed something a little different although the icy water went up to my shorts and my feet took a few hours to thaw!!

Recommend that anyone who enters events tries something a little different from road running where its not about the time ... its just about finishing!!!

Also.. good bling, a water bottle and a bandanna.

I also liked the map of the run... looks like a dog cocking its leg... or is it me??

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • It does!!! Well done you!!!

• I saw a dog too, though I thought it was an enthusiastic puppy wagging its tail! Now you've said that though, that's all I can see! πŸ˜‚

• well done Andy! looks like fun and you're right about the map! :)

• Its c,early a cavie, and a gorgeous one! Sounds like good fun, and that's important to remember. Without fun it all becomes too serious.

• Rather you than me for the mud and cold, but well done, glad you enjoyed it! :)

• Nice to see a 'local' on the board, I lived in Wool until last year when I moved to lytchett.

Running the tank ranges! No thanks, you're mad!

• It's a Russian dancer with big hair, doing that dance where their hands are on the floor and they kick their legs up whilst staring, red-faced at the ceiling.

But then again... It could also be a dog

• Very impressed by your imagination. But no - just a dog.

• Ah thanks for that... since we no longer have Rignold here, alas, I've been missing reports of the quirkier runs.

• Nice one Andy, looks fun, I'd be ok until the 'tank hill' and 'cargo nets' - I'd get in such a pickle they'd have to come and cut me out! πŸ˜„

And yes, can see the dog πŸ˜€,

Where's the pic of the bling?

Mx

• I couldn't agree more.... well done 😎

• Looks horrific! My wife came home with a bag of very muddy gear. You might have spotted her mob from Lytchett Manor Striders, wearing tutus and red/green striped socks. Very friendly club BTW, if you're ever down this way and fancy a run out with the locals. They also put on a couple of great races each year, a 10 miler in Feb and a cracking 5k team relay in July. Homemade cakes at both!!!

• Looks fab! Great fun! For you, not me πŸ˜ƒ

• Ahh, I know the area well, used to live near Dorchester. A friend of mine posted a link on FB and I 'watched' the route (someone with a go-pro I assume) - looked very muddy and hard work but fun! Yes, the map does look like a dog! Well done Andy.

• Ah yes, definitely a cute lil dog 🐢

The run "sounds fun" but a bit hard core for me!

You doing the Bristol 10k this year?

πŸƒπŸƒ

• Not planning on doing the Bristol 10k this year... I've done the HM 2 times and the 10k once so probably had enough of plodding up and down the Portway!! Hope you enjoy it if you're planning on entering it. :-)

• Ha ha ! Well done Andy , sounds great ! :-) xxx

You may also like...