Im back, and it felt awesome

So I went out today and was back on week 1. As I completed week 7 in december I knew I could do it so pushed myself a little harder and ran a little faster.

I had planned to rerun the program after graduating, but increase my speed so decided just to start again now even though I never managed to graduate and it seems it was a good thing for me. Even with all the walk breaks we have in week one I ran my fastest ever 1k and fastest even mile today and it feels amazing to be back out there.

No niggles from the back injury either. Roll on wednesday :D

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh yes! That's what we like to hear! I can almost feel the enthusiasm radiating from your post. Congratulations on the PBs, that's got to be a huge motivation. Glad you're back out there :)

• Haha, yes I am rather enthusiastic today. Lots of little boosts, the PB's, the fact I wasnt bothered by the wind and rain, or anyone looking at my huffing and puffing at all. When I first started running it did bother me, but after a few weeks thought screw them, but today I just didnt care and it was very liberating.

Also as of this morning I was the lowest weight ive been in at least 4 years but probably much longer than that, I just spent a long time avoiding the scales.

It has been a good day and im just enjoying the high

• Yay, well done :) Sounds like a great re-start!

• Well done you! It's always great to come back after injury and fab news that there were no niggles. Enjoy it! :)

You may also like...