Im back

run 10k and it puts me out of the game for over 2 weeks !! But no it wasnt the running, it was a virus I guess, but got out today, wasnt sure how I felt, wanted to, didnt want to, nervous, every emotion. Ran 5k, and that damn hill, the one that hates me ? ran 2/3rds of the way up the buggar, !!! Altogether covered 5k, back home now, sat on the settee all showered and content, so glad I am back in the game

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yay GJ you're back :) I was wondering how you were after your 10k exertions. Take it easy Sweetie and you'll be running up that hill like a good 'un again in no time xx

• Aw , good to hear youre back in the game Judes ! Glad youre feeling better , you've done your bit for today now , you can have a nice chill out :-) xxx

• I am know sat crying over the great south run, it makes me remember why I am doing this or rather why I started doing this

• Glad you back running These viruses can really take it out of you so take care

• Glad to hear your much better now - doing hills on your first run out is amazing, so hats off to you. You will get that hill!!! :)

• Great that you're back and I'm sure you will soon work back to full fitness. Isn't it strange how, even after several solid months of running, a short lay off makes you fearful of not being able to do it any more. I had the same nerves after being on holiday then ill recently. Glad to report that it doesn't take long to get back on track - do you think it's all about confidence really?

Take care.

• Nice one GJ. Great to have you back!

• 5k did tire me, a lot, but yeah i do believe a lot is confidence

• Woo Hoo GJ, welcome back to the land of running and well done for kicking that virus out.

• Welcome back, glad you are feeling better.

• Glad you're better GJ. A 5k run as a first run after illness is going some - well done.

Take it steady

:) xx

• Hi GJ!!!! sorry to hear you've not been tip top but glad you're back now. Keep tackling those hills! I'm right behind you. LOL

• I must admit I was really tired after that 5k but chuffed I ran further up the hill then previously, and also started running again before I hit the actual brow, does that make sense ? I ran almost 2/3, then walked the very steep bit, then took off again before I reached the peak, I am confusing myself here ! Mind you my taking off is barely noticeable from my fully stopped !!!

• Glad to hear you're ok, I was worried about you! Well done for showing that hill who's boss xx

You may also like...