Couch to 5K
65,261 members β€’ 98,624 posts

Ready at last

First day back at work yesterday- woke up to a beautiful frosty day ❄

Came back from work tired but decided to go out for my W4-4 run before preparing dinner πŸ™‚ especially when as it was already dark and really cold- love it πŸ™‚

After 4 runs in different shoes and absolutely no pain in my shin I have decided to step up to W5 on Friday!!! I think I'm ready as I ran longer for the last 5 min stretch and again no discomfort.

5 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

That's fab! I'm re doing WK 6 from this evening, after a month off with a chesty cough. Can't wait to graduate!! :)

1 like

Good luck, you'll get there πŸ™‚ Glad to hear you're feeling better again!!!

I got to the end of week 8 a year ago and then got bad shin problems, so restarted now but taking it slower.

I would so love to get to the end, I've never been into running, but can walk for miles on the moors.

I've discovered that running at the end of a stressful day at work does wonders - my family think I'm mad mad when I go out in the cold and wet, but I always come back 'refreshed' 😁

2 likes

Well done :) I do like dark, cold runs - at least, once I get out there and get started! Glad the shin pain seems to have gone too - onward and upward now :)

1 like

Thank you πŸ™‚

I'm hoping that by spring I might be ready for some running on the moors. The rest of the family play cricket and the pitch is on the moors, so a weekly golden opportunity to avoid the boredom (and temptation of a sneaky pint of cider!!!) and get out there πŸ™‚

Oh that sounds idyllic! :) I do love my countryside runs in the spring and summer sunshine (as long as it's not too hot!) ;)

1 like

You may also like...