Couch to 5K

Earphone/bud advice please

I managed to get back to running this week after 8 weeks off due to some kind of leg injury. Anyway it seems to have gone now so I have 2 runs already completed this week, wanted to go slow to start with so went back to week 6 and it's fine.

However today my earphones packed in so I am going to buy new ones with my Christmas money. I would like a pair of not too expensive Bluetooth plus a cheap pair with wires as backup. I don't want the ones that shut all sound out as I like to hear the birds and the bikes coming from behind along the canal path. I have been using the ones which loop over the ear up to now and they only occasionally come out.

Any advice or recommendations please?

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there, and well done for getting back into your trainers! I have some Plantronics Back Beat bluetooth headphones- they are ace. They stay put, but are not jammed into your ears, and are designed for you to hear traffic etc too (I run alone and I needed something that left me aware of what was going on around me). I've had mine for a year and they're still in perfect condition. The battery lasts for ages, and I find the sound quality great. amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Ba...

1 like

Thank you, these look very nice I will have a closer look

1 like

Hi, regarding the wired earphones.

I use

JVC Adjustable Ear Clip Sweat Resistant In-Ear Sports Headphone - Black

by JVC you can get them from Amazon for around £5.30

I can use them and still hear important and natural noises around me.

Good luck on your runs and I hope the leg holds out.

All the best.

1 like

I have a pair of these Bluetooth ones, they were the top choice in the Christmas edition of my running magazine so they agree with me!

amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHQ650...

I don't know why Amazon say they are on pre-order, my ones turned up a month or two ago!

For wired earphones, I still swear by Yurbuds, they stay put and don't interfere with outside noises. The sounds starts off tinny but soon warms up after a few hours. I've had my pair for a couple of years and they still look like new!

Thanks I'll have a look

I have Phillips SHQ5500BL, similar to those above, sweat and water resistant. From Currys.

1 like

You may also like...