Ho, ho ho! (Hurry up Santa it is nearly Christmas!)

Ho, ho ho! (Hurry up Santa it is nearly Christmas!)

Ran in a 2 mile Santa Dash last Saturday - what fun (well apart from the hilly start which was more huff, puff than ho ho!). Nearly 250 Santas of all ages, what an amazing sight. Mulled wine, hot chocolate and naughty sweet treats at the end. All in a good cause too - the local Mountain rescue team, which hubby is a part of. In the photo I'm behind 1213 with the black gloves!

Oh, just seen results list which says I came 82nd (pleased with that!). A year ago when I started C25k I could just about run for a minute - what a brilliant programme. Best of luck to everyone starting out - you can do it!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all you lovely people on this forum :)

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

22 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • That looks fab! Loads of fun! And a great result too. xx

• Thank you - I was amazed at the result!

• Lovely photo, lovely run πŸ‘πŸΌπŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»

• Thank you!

• Oh Sue, that is just brilliant! Well done you, and what a lovely photo, again! This time with lots of Santas! Makes me feel all Christmassy. Have a wonderful Christmas time! x

• Thanks Flossie, it was a great event and so well supported. I hope you are feeling a bit better, how long will you be on IC? Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

• Three weeks then possibly another three. Not letting it get me down though, just thinking what amazing pecs I'm going to have by the end! πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• And can send you Christmas emojis now as have iPad! πŸŽ„πŸŽ„β˜ƒοΈβ˜ƒοΈπŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸΎπŸΎπŸŽπŸŽπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Oh I like those!

• Brilliant photo ! Course looks tough. Apart form yourself , nice to see a lot of youngsters taking part !

• It was great to see so many young people - some were very speedy! I was definitely one of the oldest, a 'veteran' according to the codes next to my name..... (not sure about that!)

• Couldn't be a veteran, you haven't got a beard! πŸ˜‚

• Great photo, well done! A distinct lack of beards though 😁 An easier section of the course going downhill..😊

• Yes, I decided against a beard - definitely get too hot with one of those, although the hat was great for keeping my ears warm!

• I prefer mature ! I hate being called "Veteran" . Associate with being "Old" Cars called "Old bangers" etc.

Anyway it's all relative. I may be 60 on the outside but after running I'm sure there is an 18 year old desperately trying to escape from it !!

• Yup, mature, like wine. Though I think my friends would call me immature most of the time! LOL πŸ˜‚

• Same with me! Wer'e not old bangers yet!😁

• Classic peeps, me thinks. Classic and classy! πŸ˜‰

• That looked like a fun run Sue.πŸ˜„

Happy christmas to you too.x

• Thanks Jan, hope things are going well for you. Have lovely time over Christmas - any runs planned?

• Im on the ic at the mo with a chest cough and can't seem to shake it off.

I'm planning to start the new 10k plan with ju_ju in the new year.x

• Oh dear, I hope you feel better soon. Yes, that 10k plan sounds good I think I am follow it too - need to keep the motivation up!

You may also like...