Hanging in there... w6 (still!)

Since I managed w6r1 almost two weeks ago (I think!), I've been struck by lurgy and stressy busy-ness. Girls having evening things on at school, needing watching, or taking and collecting, and just too many things to get done - so running hasn't made it on to the list of things to manage with severely depleted energy.

I'm finally getting over the lurgy, though, and DD2 wanted to go for a bike ride yesterday, so she and Mr Rainbow hit on the great idea that she should ride near me while I ran. By the time we were able to go out, I was utterly drained, having spent the previous 2-3 hours dealing with DD1's hormonal, anxious, stressy panic attack and tantrum, but I knew it would do me good. So off we went...

Down to the bottom of the village, past a house with the most, erm, amazing... set of Christmas lights ever seen in our smart little village! ;) Turn around and head back up, get up that nasty incline which always has it in for me, and then start running (phew, timed that perfectly!).

Round the cul-de-sac, admiring the tasteful lights along the lines of trees on people's driveways, up to the next cul-de-sac, and walk round that. Nearly time to start running again, DD didn't want to just head straight back down, so I agreed to head up out of the village a very little way. She wanted to go as far as the sign on the level bit at the top of the hill, so I followed behind. And kept going. All of a sudden, Laura said that was half-way - whoop whoop! Fortunately about that point, DD2 reached the sign and turned around, and so did I.

Back down the hill - ah, that's much better, although my chest torch stopped working for no apparent reason :( . And then that was the 8 mins done, slow down again. Phew!

Another short walk around the first cul-de-sac, then time to run, round the nice cul-de-sac, back down to the bottom of the village, and DONE!

I did it! No aches, pains, or niggles (and still none today!) - and it was much more fun with DD2 for company than on my own. Maybe she'll help me get going again later this week... :)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done for following through with the action plan. Sounds like fun.

• Sounds like a fun run and, as you know, it's such a good feeling to have completed a run! :)

• Congratulations on a great run! Looking forward to reading your next one. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸƒπŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

You may also like...