W7 R2 done and toilet question

So today W7 R2 (3? - but I discounting one of the practice ones, see previous post)

but I have a question

do you ever really need the loo when running?

I rarely do but today I was like - I *have* to go so right at 12.5 mins I pass a sports centre so I paused MapMyRun, paused Laura (which seems like the unforgivable sin) and ran in to use the facilities.

Can I still count this as a success on W7 R2 even though I technically slowed down for 3 mins to pop into loo? Resumed my 25 mins of course but did have a breather in the middle.

At least I didnt do a Liz McColgan...........(for those of you who remember this).....

PS - in the light of Irish-John's reply - it was a no1!! No 'runs' for me lol

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • When you gotta go...

See how your next run goes ( minefield for puns this!) and if it feels like a "success" I'd count this one as "done" too.

Put it down to the "Act of God" exemption .

Or the results of chugging prune juice? ;)

• nah, too many cups of tea in the morning!! (it was an afternoon run!)

• I think it was from the moment I was week 7 or 8 or 9 that I realised the importance of going to the loo before leaving for a run. It is easy and natural for me as I run very early in the morning. I would say add a pit stop as part of getting ready for a run.

• Me too....:) Part of the, just before leaving the house, routine :)

• I can guarantee that after waiting 60 to 90 mins after breakfast, and after the interminable process of faffing about preparing to run, which involves numerous toilet trips, I still have to go again before finally getting the door open 😊

I do my own head in 😊

• No matter what I do, I always have to stop mid-run. I've just accepted it as a fact and deal with it :) I know where the public toilets are on my route.

Good to hear that other people have managed to avoid this.

You may also like...