Northern Lass running in London, who would have thought?

Morning all. I haven't been able to run for a whole week! I'm staying in London currently. My daughter had a kidney transplant on Wednesday so I'm here with her for a few weeks.

Given the situation I haven't been for a run until this morning. Didn't have time and didn't have the focus, I think understandably.

So I went out at 8am, bit foggy, but what the heck! Did a cheeky 2.5k easy run, around Islington would you believe! Loads of serious runners out there and many many serious cyclists. And little old me.........but I did it. And my knee seems ok too!

I was planning a Parkrun next Saturday running virtually with lightweightkate but don't think it's wise for me to push for the distance that soon. I'm going to nurse my knees a while longer. Im so sorry Kate.

I will do a Parkrun during November for sure! Need to get my daughter home and recovering as a first priority!

I appear to have become a running tourist over past few months, who would have though it?

Happy running all!

Jacs x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your right to ease up when your under pressure, its easier to push to hard. I live in London so I am biased but I love running around it. I keep saying I should do it just for fun rather than saving it for just events. Best wishes and healing thoughts to you and all your family. Rfc x.

• Thank you RFC xx

• That must have been a very emotional time Jacs and obviously your daughter is your priority.

Your run sounds great and running tourism is the best thing! Rest up that knee and I hope all goes well with your daughter's recovery. x

• Thanks IP x

• I'm sorry to hear that your circumstances aren't so good at the moment but a massive well done to getting around to running! I wish your daughter a speedy recovery from her o.p xx

• Thank you Anna, it's a strange one really, we dont want her to need an op, but we know a transplant is going to be a really positive step x

• Gosh.. what a time for you. happy healing to your daughter.. and you take care of her and you too! x

Al cheeky little run indeed... very very well done x

• Thank you Floss xxxx

I need to keep my running going to keep fit so i can be around for my family as needed, but also to have some 'me time'. If i start to falter please give me a good telling off! Xx

• I know exactly what you mean xxx Family first...:) Your run to keep you strong mentally and physically .

It won't be a telling off. I will just come with you and we will go out together x

• That would be lovely I'm sure, and you could put together one of your long and entertaining rambles about our adventure😃

• Well done on getting back out there. And in the big smoke too. Hope your daughter's recovery is speedy.

• Very best wishes. A good example of 'running as therapy'

• Very best wishes. A good example of 'running as therapy'

• Well done Jacs-W. I like the commitment! :) It sounds like fun that running tourism in London, and I may have to try it one day.

All the very best with your continued running/fitness and I hope your daughter recovers to lead a 'normal' life again very soon. x

• Well done on your run. Wishing your daughter all the best with her recovery!

• Well done - I bet it was therapeutic after the stress. A speedy recovery to your daughter, and kudos to you for being there to take care of her.

• Thank you Mfam, yes a good stress buster. Xx

• Running in THAT London! Good for you!

Only sorry that it's not in happier circumstances though. It must be a worry for you. Good that you got out and managed to slot in a run. Sometimes you just burst to get out don't you. I hope it energised you a bit.

I hope it all goes well and that you'll be back home soon. Fingers crossed x

• Thank you misswobble . You are right, i feel so happy with myself that i got out there running despite everything else thats going on! 🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

You may also like...