Struggling

Hi everyone, Good to see how others are managing their own couch to 5 k.

My weeks 1 + 2 out of breath, stitch and unfit. Hopeful.

In week 3 breathing started improve but lower legs, bottom of calf's and around heels sore, legs feel like lead.

Just back from run 1 of week 4, is it normal to feel as if your lower legs are stiff and heavy? Think I'm just about jogging at a fast walking pace or walking with a jogging motion. Breathing no longer a problem but legs most definitely are!

I'm not ready to give up but hoping for some insight into how I get round this . It seems as if my legs are rebelling.

Any comments gratefully received.

Still a Tatty bags Newbie

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Some strength and flex exercise on your rest day,may help.There is a link on the C25K site..I, like a few of us,used these alongside C25K...I still use them..🙂

Well done you...hope this may help🙂

• Thanks oldfloss,

I think you're right about stretches, already doing after a run, maybe on rest days would help too. :)

• They are good..and there are videos too..you get to meet Laura from C25K😊

• Just been looking at videos,

These are much better than I've been doing and nice to see the person that goes with Laura's voice. Thanks again oldfloss.

• Welcome😊

• Well done! Keep massaging calves with fingers, a foam roller would also be beneficial as you go on, you could also have a limberup before warmup walk.. newbies do get this in the early runs, hope it easies off soon..😊

• Thanks Davelinks,

I'm already extending the warm up /down walks by another 5 mins and stretching on run days. I joined the older generation several yrs ago but still expect the bodywork to respond with youthful exuberance - And why not!☺Like the massage idea, will enrol the hubby for that part, he's managing the couch all by himself at present.

• I find just the same, I'm on week 9 but still v slow as I feel I'm running (I will call it running, despite its tortoise pace!) with two lumps if lead for calves. I will take this advice and do more stretching. X

You may also like...