Summer Evening Runs

Hey Folks!

How you all doing? Hope everyone's enjoying the heatwave we are having at the moment.🌞🌞

Which leads me onto my run... OMG How Hot is it in the evenings?! Looks like we are well and truly having an Indian summer.πŸ‘πŸ‘

So went out for my run last night and within 10 mins wished I had carried a bottle of water (on the shopping list it goes) which sort of set the scene for the run.

It was pretty much a carbon copy from the previous one, so looks like my fitness wasn't that bad. However yesterday for the first time approx 4km into the run I started to get/feel a tingly sensation in the hands. Not sure if this is down to the weather or if it's the 5k distance.

Has anyone else had /felt this before?

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Yes! I get it from time to time. Shake them out a bit 😊 I lower my arms and run or walk with them hanging loosely by my side for a bit. You can get tense and find you are making a fist

• Thank you misswobble.. Thought it might be a trip to the doc's again! I'll try that tomorrow if it starts again.

• It is TOO hot. The sunshine is great but the heat wipes me out. Haven't experienced the tingly hands yet. Sounds like you're getting back into it no problem which is fantastic.

• Yup agree with you, sunshine is brilliant, natural vitamin D no tabs :-) , but the heat knocks you for a 6. The runs are no probs, however my knees were talking to me today. Think they are not used to taking a 5k pounding.

• Yes I get tingly hands and as others have said I drop them by my sides for a couple of minutes. Also since I've lost weight I had to tighten my watch strap.

I find that my wrists expand when running and so loosened it a bit. The tingly feeling goes after a couple of minutes.

Run went well today . I posted on the week 3 quest. Speed increasing without really trying and did better again today despite going out later about 11 am and weather hotter than I would like. But still making progress.

• I'm already of the Mo Farah build, but with the "old age waist line" to go with. Having said that I did loose some waist line before and truth be said..... Have to really sort my diet out again.

Only a few weeks more to go and you will be entering marathons! Keep at it.

• I'm NOT doctor of Health Professional but the tingles are something I have experience with in another area. What I was told to do by a HP was to eat a Tums to replace whatever the thing is that I now forget which becomes depleted from teh body when you loose to many electrolytes or something. Sorry to be so vague but it might be of some use to you :)

• As misswobble says.. shake 'em out... I get it too sometimes...:0 The hot.. well.. since France.. this is not too hot for me... but then, I do get out early-ish anyway. Go you!

You may also like...