First solo run

Without Laura. But it went well.

I couldn't have picked a better play list. I just used a folder with singles and favourite songs in, it turns out, alphabetical order.

So warm up to Will You, Hazel O'connor

Then

This is where I came in , Bee Gees

Ballad of Cursed Anna, Jonathan Kelly

Centrefold, J Geils Band

December 1963, Four Seasons

Everybody's got to learn sometime,

Lemon Tree,

My Star,

Then Perfect Day (Children in Need version) finished just before the 30 minutes so I was about to stop but then Rolling Sea, Eliza Carthy came on so "I will just listen to that". Five minutes later I decided it was time to stop running so walked home to Sinking Soon, Norah Jones, with Stairway to Heaven starting just as I left the park.

Oh yes, and how was the run? Very good, a little bit fast at first but I sorted that out. I ran around the football pitch, not done that before because it involves a down then up section but on a tarmac path so I just took that bit slowly. It gets very slippery when wet so that is only for dry days. Then I went back (down and up again) to run round the meadow.

I took my phone and fitbit app which recorded a total of 4.96k but the map showed me going home by a completely different route (again through gardens and houses!), so I am inclinef to stick with my pedometer for consistency at least. That gave me 5.79 and 7142 steps whereas fitbit calculated 5896 steps.

Anyway, as long as I can run at least 30 minutes that's ok for me

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldest β€’ newest

You may also like...