It's easy now,,, (well... A bit easier)

Week 6 run 1 today - very glad I had my running jacket on as it's certainly cool and windy out there. I was surprised we were back to intervals and "only" 18 minutes of running after Friday's 20 minute triumph. However Laura described it as a "consolidation week" and of course I did what I was told. There's three runs with walks in between and I was surprised how (comparatively) easy it was, even the eight minute one. I think knowing I was going to get a walk break soon helped me keep going . I even found myself singing along to some of the tunes.... ( eek). The final five minute run was slightly uphill due to bad planning on my part, but I found myself laughing and singing again at Laura's choice of music " it's easy now". Not sure I would say easy, but definitely easier and can already run way more than I would have thought possible a few months ago. Roll on Tuesday and W6R2 - forecast for sun early evening so maybe get to wear my short sleeve top and perhaps even shorts!!!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I remember singing along in week 6 too! You sound like you are doing well and there are only a few runs till graduation. ☺

• Well done you - glad you had a good time singing along - and it got you round. Laura's tunes seem to be just right for me too, strange but just right. On to the next one........

• I love the way the lyrics sometimes fit so perfectly - 'can't do this long-distance thing' in week 3, 'this is the greatest day' in week 1. :D

And I'm in awe of you singing along - I did w6r1 yesterday evening, and definitely didn't have any breath spare!

• It's the first time I have! I did it slowly and it helped. Good luck for 6-2.

You may also like...