Garmin Forerunner glitch - any ideas?πŸ˜•

My Garmin Forerunner 10 completely failed to pick up a GPS signal when I went out for my run this morning, despite the fact that it was a regular route and I've never had this problem before. I even tried it a few times during my run to no avail. On the plus side it was actually quite nice to run completely free of time (can't remember the last time I did that!) and having returned home I tried again and it has picked up a signal quite quickly on my garden bench!!

Lovely day for a run, but warming up now so glad I went when I did. Hope everyone else enjoys theirs today too!πŸƒπŸ»πŸƒπŸ»πŸ˜€

Skip

Promoted Content

Download NHS Couch to 5K

The Couch to 5K plan is available as a podcast and app (Apple and Google Play)

Learn more

Promoted by Couch to 5K

12 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi there,

Sometimes weather conditions can interfere with the signal--rather like a mobile phone signal dropping occasionally. Hope it passes and your garmin stops playing up.

• The only thing I can think of to suggest is to make sure it has the latest software loaded and that you regularly sync it with your mobile app or Garmin express.

• I just posted about my app malfunction this morning! Harveyemm may have a point - was it foggy where you are this morning?

• No, clear blue skies all round! Will check for software updates though. Thank you.

• Atmospherics ☺

• Language, Timothy! :)

• Haha oops sorry Oldfloss the weather πŸ˜‰

• I have had this happen to me twice...two different areas...I thought I was in a time warp!!!

• Ho hum! Will see how it is when I use it next! Thank you for all your suggestions!

• I had this and it's really irritating. Like you, I was on a regular route and in the end I started to run because it was taking forever. Eventually it picked up a signal 20 minutes in! Never happened again. Weird. I guess Garmins have rest days too 😊

• This used to really frustrate me when i would start a warm up walk and then by the time it was over I was ready to start running but my Garmin was still not! I think I live in a low GPS signal area. Now I have a new routine of warming up in my garden doing stretches and exercises and I leave my watch in one spot to pick up a signal and don't leave until it has - it hasn't failed me yet and it is much quicker to get a signal now!

• That's exactly what I plan to do from now on Sarah!

You may also like...