Latest parkrun

So, having set myself a target at the beginning of the year to do one parkrun a month, today I did my 6th Swansea Bay parkrun, so I'm ahead of myself. I got slightly left behind at the start this time as I was fiddling around trying to get my music started and then I found myself running with the tail runner. Not wanting to be last I managed to overtake a couple of people at half way and although I felt like I was struggling in quite humid conditions I managed to end up with a new personal best time of 38:14 No idea how! The encouragement of the tail runner and the volunteers was very helpful. The unfortunate consequences of the run were a beetroot face and a blister on my right instep. Looks like my blister resistant socks aren't working anymore. Couple of days rest needed I think for my foot to heal.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes _it seemed so hot this morning. I also got a stonking blister in anti blister socks. They weren't M&S were they?

It's great to get PB in those circumstances. Sooooo well done. My daughter and I have also set ourselves the challenge of making sure we run at least one in a calendar month. Keep running😁

• Hi, funnily enough they were M&S socks. They have been very good, but I think I need some new ones as I hadn't had a blister for ages. It seems that that one part of my foot is susceptible to getting a blister. Hope yours heals. Keep up the good work with your daughter.

• Ah - it was the first time I had worn mine! Compeed has performed miracles 😊

Thank you

You may also like...