20 mins! In a row!

Hello runners. I was supposed to do w5 r3 at the weekend but then couldn't get any child free time. The kids then both rather inconsiderately got a bug and have been off sick.  My heels have been rather sore anyway (pf) so they probably did me a favour.

It's my day off today, kids are back in school so finally managed to get out there and do the much anticipated/ feared 20min run (in sun and hail!) So happy - I couldn't have gone an awful lot longer, but 20 mins sounds very cool. Ive been very enviously watching others ticking this run off, so virtual high-fives all round. Fab.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great to see, I'm doing w5r2 tonight and the dreaded run 3 on Friday! *gulps*

• Well done 😊  Resist the urge to run on.  Save it! 

Good luck with the next run.  Easy does it ☺

• Well done.  My boy is 16 now, and I absolutely relish my new life where I can pretty do whatever I want without having to arrange childcare.  Raising kids makes you appreciate the little things in life doesn't it - like a childfree half hour run.  Reasons to be cheerful part 10,987!  :)

• It's also made me appreciate my partner! He's away for a couple of weeks so I can't get out for my early runs. Hats off to the single parents!

• Well done, that's a milestone run in the programme, and it feels great to achieve it :) Good luck for week 6.

• Congrats!  I did this last friday and it feels great.  When Laura gives you the two minute warning I was like "wwwaaahhhh!!!""

• Michael Johnson's smooth tones for me. He says 2 more minutes and I'm on it!

• Ha haven't seen that one.  I just have the NHS Podcast.  I've a love hate relationship with Laura.  Sometimes I wish she'd shut up and sometimes I can't wait to hear her voice!

• Well done - that's a real turning point in the programme. You're doing great!

• Well done, you have got it sorted now 😊

• Well done!! Such a great feeling isn't it! :)

You may also like...