Week9 Run3

Week9 Run3

This is it! I've done it!!

I wanted to make this run special. I have always been jealous of the runners at The Southbank in London. It's one of my favourite places in the world and I've always thought if I could run I would love to run around there. Well guess what? I did just that!

We went out as a family and then split up, I went for my run the husband and kid leisurely walked to the National Gallery, where we wanted to go. I run along Southbank dodged the tourists by The London Eye and in front of Big Ben then around St James Park up Pall Mall. It was brilliant!

I also thought I really wanted to run the 5k rather than 'just' 30 mins, so when Laura said "well done you have just run 30minutes" I just carried on until the FitBit app announced 5k. It took 40 mins, which is fine by me. I might get faster I might not. My new aim is to run longer distances rather than faster, in preparation for the 10k in July.

Can I get a graduation badge, please?

*types this while grinning from ear to ear*

16 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done. And what a great place to do your final run. Keep it up

• Congratulations on graduating! I agree with Cgar, what a fab graduation run! Good luck with the next stage of your running journey!

• Yay! Congratulations. What a fantastic way to graduate and a cracking 5th too โ˜บ

When I work in London I stay in Victoria so I've ran your route before. It is a lovely uplifting place to run. Keep running โ˜บ

• Fantastic and you also did a 5k! I graduated 30 weeks ago with a 43 minute 5k! Slowly focussed on increasing distance and left speed alone, can now do a 5k in 34 mins but do one long run a week and 10k is getting comfortable. I try to run on soft ground (grass, mud and gravel track as much as I can) to minimise stress on shins and knees and it builds all round fitness (and keeps me focussed - avoiding twigs, roots, grassy lumps and dog poo)!!

• Superb!

What an amazing Graduation run..got a bit emotional for youx

Very very well done..a moment to treasure and hold ๐Ÿ™‚

Go get that badge!

• Congratulations

Don't envy dodging the tourists but great place to run

My love running round the Olympic Park

• That's where the 10k in July will be :) am planning on going over to do a practice run :)

• Is that the Newham run that finishes in the Olympic stadium?

If so me and the boys are doing it

• Yes, it is! It will be my first run ever. I'm equally excited and terrified. My main aim is to be swept up by the bus at the 2 hour mark :)

• Brilliant Cat !

That looks an amazing route , how fitting for your Graduation run !

Many Congratulations to you , Well done ! :-) xxx

• How lovely to pick a special place for your final run of week 9! A brilliant idea and the joy of it exudes from your post ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Woohoo congratulations ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thank you every one :)

My legs are absolute agony today! I think I might to a little ride on the stationary bike to ge the old things oxygenated. Hope that's a good idea.

• Well done Cat! Your Graduation badge looks absolutely swanky! Running in the heart of the City of London. Get you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your legs are agony today then maybe go for a gentle stroll or a careful turn on your bike. Go easy. I would prefer a stroll meself. You could go out and reccy a new running route. Now there's a thing!

Exploring new running runs is the bees knees, nearly as good as running em

• Fantastic! Well done :-)

• Well done, Cat. Welcome to the club. The graduation badge looks great!