C25b450 - I did it! Happy 50th Birthday to me! :-) πŸŽ‚ 🍸 πŸŽ‰

C25b450 - I did it! Happy 50th Birthday to me! :-) πŸŽ‚ 🍸 πŸŽ‰

After Tuesday's drama on the dreadmill my gremlins had me doubting I could do this, complete the challenge that I set myself to finish c25k by my 50th birthday.

Today's the day, and after breakfast in bed, cards and pressie and the school run I got changed to go out. Just putting my trainers on and the lovely neighbour came round with card and present. An hour later she departs, I grab my keys and head for the door and the phone rings. My Sister - another hour later and I finally make it out, just as the horizontal hail begins to fall! Onward and the weather soon clears. 3 mins into the run and I had the same thing someone else had a few weeks ago, some random stranger wanting to engage me in conversation, seeking to know how long the sand had been coming over the seawall onto the prom. "Err, about a month" I shout as I headed off. And off I go, into a steady pace and before I know it there's Laura telling me 5 mins to go. And then 60 secs, and then it's done!

Pretty chuffed with myself having never been a runner. A friend who started a week after me is hopefully graduating next week and we're planning a joint run, no talking though!

I think it was @ullyrunner who said running was the best birthday present I could give myself. Wasn't convinced of that in the early weeks, so am now! I wore my "Fab at 50" badge for my graduation run :-)

Massive thanks to you guys for your lovely supportive comments, esp last week, you know who you are :-) . So delighted I managed it ( and I repeated R2 on Sat to air sure I really nailed it).

And for the rest of the day, have been spoiled and eaten far too much cake and fizz.

How do I get my graduate badge?!

This girl can! 😝

Last edited by
Skip

Promoted Content

Download NHS Couch to 5K

The Couch to 5K plan is available as a podcast and app (Apple and Google Play)

Learn more

Promoted by Couch to 5K

20 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hmm...my reply didn't post for some reason. Apologies if this is a duplicate. Congratulations!!!! Well done you and happy birthday too! P. S. I like the picture!

• Congratulations and happy birthday! πŸŽ‚

• Well done you, and on your birthday as well🎁 Welcome to the graduate runners club (and the 50s club).

There's a pinned post on this forum where you send a message saying that you've graduated. And the your badge appears by magic.

What are your plans now you've graduated?

Anyway belated Happy Birthday - enjoy your new found skills😎

• Belated Happy Birthday and Congratulations on graduating!!

Now the hard work really starts - you have to keep going 3 times a week with no program structure to help you. Scary? Not really, so long as you keep cing back here. Support here is epic. Well done again. :)

• What a lovely post! Congratulations on your very Happy Birthday! I can't think of a nicer present to give yourself. Well done! You will keep that happy glow all day :D

• YES Hels Bels! Congratulations on your graduation and so pleased you had such a lovely milestone birthday :) Great post of a great run, you very much deserve that cake, fizz and badges galore, well done to you x

• Happy Birthday and congratulations and well done. You now have your badge.

• Woohoo, thanks v much :-)

• Yay! Congratulations and happy birthday for yesterday!

• Woohoo! Congratulations and happy birthday for yesterday :)

• Yeay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday you fabulous Graduate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post and wonderful pikkie... :)

Too right girl, you totally rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Happy birthday!!!!! Your Graduate Badge looks fabulous! So do you, fab at 50 indeed

I hope you had a lovely day and lots of cake!

• CONGRATULATIONS... WHOOP WHOOP

So pleased for you Helsbels. That IS the best birthday present you could give yourself... :) 🎁

Hope you rewarded yourself with some

πŸŽ‚.

No more need for self doubt.. you are a runner all the way through to your bones. Ha ha.

Hope you have many more running adventures wearing your shiny new badge..

Happy 50th birthday by the way.. lol :) :)

Sorry this is a bit late I'm on the ic with a stuffy head and aches and pains.

• Fantastic! Very well done to you and Happy Birthday (belated!). keep posting your progress πŸ‘

• Yeah baby! Yeah! Fab at 50? Of course! Well done you, and welcome to the fifty something fitness club πŸ˜‰

Mx

• Woo Hoo ! Go you , Yay you ROCK !!!

Hope you had a fab Birthday and yes, we are rather nifty for Ladies of fifty :-)

Many Congratulations to you , this is just the beginning ! :-) xxx

• Fantastic. Well done and Happy Birthday for yesterday xxx

• well done! and what a brilliant way to greet your 50th Birthday! congratulations :)

• YEAH!!!! Knew you'd do it : ) I'll be keeping an eye out for you in Rio this summer.

• Thank you soooo much for all your lovely comments and warm wishes, had a fabulous week of celebrations.

You may also like...