Manual Treadmill?

In a bid to solve my 'can't get out to run 3x a week' problem I'm browsing gumtree / eBay etc.for a treadmill. There are some dirt cheap manual ones for like £15 - £20 😮

Has anyone got any experience with a manual one? I've never been on any kind before...

Hubby has given me the green light as long as I can pick one up for less than £100. I can probably pick up a motorised one for about £50 - £100. Worth spending the extra or will a manual do the job?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have tried a manual treadmill but I just couldn't get my legs trained to keep it moving. I found it Ok for walking on, but not for running.

Your legs need to push quite hard, and as soon as you stop actively pushing, the belt will stop moving. My tendency was to forget to push it and end up actually moving forward into the bar.

• That's helpful. Thank you.

• Hah - knew you wouldn't give up! The running bug has definitely got you! Hope you find something that works for you👍💐

• Just made an offer on an eBay one (motorised). Fingers crossed!

• Fingers crossed👍

• Fingers crossed you'll get the motorised...

• Manual is OK for walking - rubbish for running - motorised is the only job for running - very bulky though

You may also like...